Help for another Tune ECU Newbie?

vocaldog

VocalDog
Ride
2005 Rocket Standard
I'm sure you guys are tired of the same questions, but I'm really HBO g a hard time here. I have a 2005 Rocket Standard with stock pipes and the Cat bypass. I have the cable from Lonelec and the Tune ECU app on my android device. I downloaded what looks like the correct map onto the phone. (20220).
With the ignition on and the app open, I basically hit a brick wall. I tried with Bluetooth both on and off. I get no data, no indication that I'm connected at all. What do I do?

When I try to use Bluetooth, no devices are found, and there doesn't seem to be any connection option with the Bluetooth off

Wish I could help but I still use a lap top so no experience with the phone app. Somebody will be along shortly tho...

Unless something has changed, it doesn't work from the phone app. Why have a phone app then, one might ask. The only benefit I see - for which some captains here do just that -- is to have the phone mounted on the handlebars and have realtime readouts of engine performance.

To actually manipulate the maps on the ECU one needs the laptop version.

Unless something has changed, it doesn't work from the phone app. Why have a phone app then, one might ask. The only benefit I see - for which some captains here do just that -- is to have the phone mounted on the handlebars and have realtime readouts of engine performance.

To actually manipulate the maps on the ECU one needs the laptop version.
Well, that would suck. At least I'd be able to get some info at the least, though. But I can't even get that far. No readout. No connection. It keeps asking for Bluetooth. When I deny that, there is no other option.

Well the other thing, is that the Tune ECU is fussy about the kind of cable you can use. Most folks on this site (and this is NOT universal - there are exceptions) use the LonElec cable, that when ordered from the right place will come with the mini USB adapter for the phone. With that set-up, you can at least query the ECU.

Well the other thing, is that the Tune ECU is fussy about the kind of cable you can use. Most folks on this site (and this is NOT universal - there are exceptions) use the LonElec cable, that when ordered from the right place will come with the mini USB adapter for the phone. With that set-up, you can at least query the ECU.

Yes, that's the cable I have. LonElec.

Hi

The first cable I received did not work, they sent a replacement and that was fine.

Try plugging it into a computer and see if it recognises there is something there, the faulty one didn't do anything.

Richard

Am i reading this thread correctly - are you trying to connect your phone via bluetooth to this cable?

TuneECUInterface_700x700-500x500.jpg

Back