Help...Awful Front End Shake.

McRocket

.040 Over
My ride is a 2008 R3T. I have over 21k on the bike and over the last few months I have been gettting a real bad front end shake. All I have to do is loosen my grip on the bars and the front end wants to shake.

Anyone had experiance with this problem or insight on what I need to do to fix it?

Any help will be apprecited. :cool:

I vote for the front tire.
That's the only time mine ever wobbled.
Change it out, it's only about $100,
cheap enough to either eliminate the problem,
or eliminate the tire as a cause..

Yup, I ask because if it's the original (or even just the second) at 21,000 miles .... that's an old tire by R3 standards. I got around 9,000 from the Metz and it was a cupped, vibrating mess by then.

and while you have it apart, check front wheel bearings also and torqe front axle at proper torque

been there, done that on this one. I can almost guarantee that it is the streering head nut not being torqued down. This allows the head bearings to be loose. Tighten the head bearing down to spec and the shaking should go away.

p.s. Since no one has pointed out the obvious, make sure you have your tires inflated to the correct pressure. 5 or 6 lbs low and you'll also experience a front end wobble.

tighten the nut for the top and bottum triple trees the head neck bearings have play in them and need to be adjusted di this to mine last year and the shake went away !!

Back