Rocket Scientist

Grand Exulted Poobah
Ride
Black 05' Rocket III standard
I just bought the wife an myself new helmets. We just left our piss buckets laying around but will probably need to lock these up. Can anyone recommend a good helmet lock ?

I like the "have the wife watch em" idea. Guess I'll stick with the ones I bought from EBay. A little over $20 each. I like Chrome and mine are 3yrs old and still look good.

I have the one below, fits on the back with the license plate. Sorry, can't get the link to work. Great lock but only good for one helmet though (not a problem for me since I always ride solo). I've got some fairly expensive helmets (Shoei 1200 and GT Air) so I don't mind spending some bucks on a good lock. Recently bought an expensive Schuberth C-3 Pro Dark Classic and was making sure it fit so I was watching TV with it on. My daughter who was home for Christmas and thought I had lost my mind. Probably not the first time either of my daughters have had that thought...

kuryakyn /license-plate-helmet-lock-with-mount

I got these from an Australian Triumph aftermarket guy in Queensland. Ships international and they are great versatile and come with cable to lock jackets or other crap including luggage at the same time.

No keys! Set your own 4 digit combination. Best price I found especially for 2 with cables.

The locks and cables are also sold separately just search Google or eBay for 'Helmetlok'

AU $65.00
Approximately US $48.69
Buy It Now

Postage to Canada
AU $23.72 (approx. US $17.77) AusPost Express Post International Parcel

2 x HELMETLOK MkII & CABLE Helmet Lock | eBay

upload_2017-1-17_11-25-8.png

HELMETLOK is a carabiner-style lock, with a 4 digit programmable locking mechanism, designed to lock your helmet to your bike. Simply open the lock, slip the carabiner through your helmet's D-Shackle, attach it to your bike and lock it! Unlike a conventional carabiner, when the locking arm is open, it pivots outwards. This allows you to attach it to large diameter handlebars, bike frames, gear racks and grab rails, infact it will fit around anything with a 1.5" diameter.

The 4 digit locking mechanism is made from weather resistant zinc alloy and to protect your bike, the aluminium carabiner is covered with a protective plastic coating.

Included is a handy little cable. Slide one end through your jacket sleeve, hook the loops at the end of the cable onto the HelmetLok and attach it to your bike. Alternatively, if your helmet does not have “D” rings, run the cable through your helmet’s chin piece, loop the ends through your HelmetLok and lock it to your bike. Now your Jacket AND Helmet are locked to your bike. When you’re finished, it will recoil back to its original length and will slip easily into your pocket. The cable is made from 3mm thick nickel plated steel cable, is only 11cm (4.5 inches) long when coiled, stretching to 180 cm (6 ft) and has a load capacity of 100 kgs.

Since the HelmetLok is not permanently mounted to your frame, you are free to attach your helmet to any suitable place on your bike. Small and compact enough to fit in your pocket or on your belt loop, why be weighed down carrying your helmet around! Use the simple-to-operate HELMETLOK to secure your helmet to any part of your bike and enjoy the security and freedom of HelmetLok.

Lock it, don’t lose it!

• Four (4) Digit Combination lock (select and set your own code)
• 32mm (1.5') Carabiner
• Outward opening mechanism
• Durable and weatherproof Zinc alloy finish
• Protective Plastic Coating

Last edited:
I've got a very similar combo carabiner lock (without the cable) that I use on my H-D Fat Bob. Works great.

Recently bought an expensive Schuberth C-3 Pro Dark Classic and was making sure it fit so I was watching TV with it on. My daughter who was home for Christmas and thought I had lost my m1nd. Probably not the first time either of my daughters have had thought...

LOL! When I had a kidney stone and sensed it was about to pass through the schwantzstuker I put on a helmet before I peed in case I passed out with pain. Turned out to be relatively painless.....well compared to the agony of going through kidney et al.......

As for the helmet locks, I use a cable bicycle lock.

I just bought the wife an myself new helmets. We just left our piss buckets laying around but will probably need to lock these up. Can anyone recommend a good helmet lock ?

Go to your local police department/ Sheriffs office and ask for a couple of cable gun locks. You can use then on the sissy bar, pegs of any number of other places.

gl002.jpg

bob

Back