heydez

Standard Bore
I was lucky to find this forum and glad to be here.

I own a Classic Rocket III 2007. I have a windshield and luggage rack. What I would like is some saddle bags that I can put on and take off when I want AND a seat that is a little more comfortable. My wife is having a hard time riding past 30 minutes. I have purchased a gel seat from Triumph but that did little good for her.

I have been riding for about 20+ years and I can't get enough of it. This is my first Triumph and at the start, I had my doubts about buying one. But, I'm glad I did as this is the best bike I have ever owned.

So, I will look around for information about the Rocket because I don't know much about it yet. I just wish there was a club I could join for the Rocket III owners in my area (Fort Walton Beach, FL).

I have used both Corbin Beetle Bags and Leatherlyke bags. The Corbins are BEAUTIFUL with the Rocket. They are very expensive now days and I don't know that I would pay what they ask now, but they are very nice bags. They do tend to leak a small amount during very heavy rains, but not enough to really worry about. The Corbins can be removed fairly
quickly with 2 nuts and 1 bolt each.

I have since traded my Corbins for Leatherlyke Contemporary style bags. The Leatherlykes are not nearly as pretty as the Corbins. However, they are very tough and they are very waterproof, and they are quickly removable in less than a minute. AND they cost less than $500.00. I have heard of other Captains even laying their Rockets over onto the Leatherlyke bags and the bags supported the weight of the bike, but luckily I've never had to experience that first hand.. lol

Corbin Motorcycle Seats & Accessories | Triumph Rocket III (3) | 800-538-7035

http://leatherlyke.com/stores/showdetl.cfm?&DID=13&Product_ID=67&CATID=3&Product=Cross%20Country%20Saddlebags%20For%20Rocket%20III%20(%2704-%20)

Welcome from one of the gazillions of R3 owners in Florida as well, unfortunately for you a lot of us are here in the panhandle (Pensacola, Milton, Crestview, Ft. Walton Beach area) and I'm presently working over in Afghanistan.

Enjoy the Rocket, the leatherlykes may be for you, though I have the Corbin beetle bags if you want to see what they look like on a real live Rocket chech out my photo album on this site and you can see what bunches of accessories look like as well.

Ride safe,

Dennis

49 dtg Dubai
50 dtg Home

welcome from tn and i may have a set of triumph bags for sell off of 06 classic i beleive they would be interchangeable

Welcome! You can buy the EZ brackets or the Ghost brackets and put just about any saddle bag on that you like, and when you unlock them from the bike there is only two chrome studs showing. Check out Russel Day Long Saddles for your seating woes. My wife had the same complaints..but not anymore. Although your wallet will gripe at you for a while:)

Back