fasteddy

.020 Over
Hey ya'll!

Well I took the invite to come in here. Have dealt with some of you folks and want to say thank you.

I have been considering an R3 ever since I rode one, very nice! I am looking into the possibility of one for next year but I have a problem in that my wife knows I like to go fast and she knows how fast I have already been on an R3 and says...no you can't have one.

I am hoping to be able to convince her that it would be a comfortable ride for her. I have an America and won't part with it for those days when you just feel like a PT, she has health issues and has not been able to ride the America with me at all.

So what say you all? How are they on trips etc for passenger comfort?

eddy

17 hours/976 miles

Hello,
My longest one day ride was to go see my new granddaughter last year. I was on my standard RIII, stock seat. The only real problem I had was wrist ache from the throttle. Even though I have a throttle rocker, it was still a pain. I would sure like cruise on these bikes. Now I have an 07 classic tourer, stock seat, and it is even more comfortable.
Your top speed problem can be fixed by making a promise that you intend to keep. Rademis

Welcome to the site Fasteddy. I have one of your british flag brake resevoir cover sticker on my Rocket. Maybe the R3 Touring model would be a good compromise. More passenger comfort than the standard model and less power.

Hey Fasteddy!

Just go ahead and buy a Rocket, someone once said its easier to ask for forgiveness than for permission. But then again, I don't know how good your wife's divorce lawyer is :D.

Welcome to our website!

Hi, last summer i toke a ride with my wife. We went thru europe, 5360km in 16 days. And we liked the ride with Rocket. All we had for comfort was gel sattle. It was quite good but for next summer we are looking for something more comfortable. Dont waite, by one, im sure you bouth are going to like it.

Shoot.. the America should be able to get close to 120 MPH? The Rocket is only 20 MPH faster at top end (computer limited, of course... :) ) It just gets there alot quicker.. :)

Just tell her the Rocket is only 20 MPH faster than the America you have now. Now, that doesn't sound so bad, does it.. :D

girly girl rider... :)

I bought the rocket because it fit me. Not because it was fast. Its really comfy , wonder for for long rides. ( but i would ad a better seat and lower back rest than the standard no backrest seat ). I have ridden a straight 12 hour ride ( slow ride from NYC to Shanksville PA vast number of bikes police and FD) with two 30 minute breaks. ( longest ride i've done in a single day )... butt was a tiny bit sore, but otherwise it was a great ride. I also have a number of friends i've ridden on my bike and they all love the ride on the back. check out my seat. I have also added some slightly larger foot rests. I don't like the Pegs for long distance and I don't like the rocket floor boards because they hit my ankles when I stop. ( a friend has them on his Rocket III, we trade every now and again for a ride just for fun )
I think the rocket is a great "ride" and a wonderful touring bike. one of my friends asked me to take her in the Pride parade in NYC so I agreed. The rocket is a well balanced bike as well. I rode all the way down 5th ave on my rocket at 2.5 miles per hours with a wild girl standing and waving from the back and I could still keep it up without putting my foot down except for once in a while.

normally I ride about 2 or 3 hours then take a 30 min break. Doing that, I have no problems riding all day on the rocket.

cheers
geo

you can see how much fun I'M having by the look on my face.... I did need to concentrate to keep all three of us ( my friend, me and my bike ) in the upright position with her wiggling all over back there. ;)

Attachments

• geo in parade.jpg
    geo in parade.jpg
    49.2 KB · Views: 68
  • geo rocket side.jpg
    geo rocket side.jpg
    21 KB · Views: 57
Last edited:
eddy,
You know what I did! Do it. The difference is amazing! And I'm not sure about any other America, but I owned a real good one and led demo's (still do) for our dealer and have ridden several customer bikes-and they won't come close to 120. Heck, it takes all day to get to the ton on an America. AS for the R3? Well, you know-say 'go" and it goes! And does not think about it. Till you tell it to stop.

You know, ed, I only let you guys follow me to the shop 'cause we bud's and I did'nt want you lost two days in a row! The Rocket will dust the 865 in less time than it takes to type it! (I'm sure you understand this is good naturted fun!).

As a matter of fact, why don't you get yours from us next spring and we'll ride to Bennington, VT for the bash? I'll get you the best deal ever. KOF

Nice site Fasteddy! I would say that the RIII is safer than most other bikes due to the fact that it is a large cross section. Very nice handling 2up at low speed as georgia showed. Once you have showed her the confidence of your ability to handle in routine situations and practice emergency manuvers without her and then with her, as I have done. You sir will be another proud Rocket Captain.;) Welcome Fasteddy and semper fi.

Back