KnightRider

.020 Over
Ride
2011 Rocket 3
Hello my name is Shane I've been looking to get a motorcycle again lately 5 years ago I have a Harley XR 1200 in a very bad experience with Harley-Davidson that made me never go back to Harley
317 days ago my relapsed with stage 4 metastatic cancer. She really likes riding on motorcycles and that has putting me into looking again as we are in better weather.
I came across the the Triumph Rocket 3 and has really peaked my interest as she even thinks it is one of the most comfortable bike she has ever sat on. I am looking at a deal on a 2005 that only has 4665 miles on it and the person has offered it at $4,600. I have seen that some of the earlier models may have had gearbox issues and started looking for a good form and this looks like the best out there. I see there are some people on here selling newer versions and I might be interested in seeing what is possible also. I am looking to do this within the next few weeks if I get a motorcycle as I want to spend this summer being able to take my wife around so she can enjoy her time.
Thank you all and nice to meet you.

Welcome Shane you have come to the right place for all things Rocket lll

Good luck with the bike hunting for what its worth I ride a 2006 R3 and have no issues with the gearbox so far :whitstling: and like some other guys on here I do ride it hard ;).

That said its not a super slick unit anyhow and needs a firm hand or foot as the case maybe :banghead:

Welcome Shane you have come to the right place for all things Rocket lll

Good luck with the bike hunting for what its worth I ride a 2006 R3 and have no issues with the gearbox so far :whitstling: and like some other guys on here I do ride it hard ;).

That said its not a super slick unit anyhow and needs a firm hand or foot as the case maybe :banghead:

Thank you for that bit of information. I think the one I am looking at is a good deal although it ours not the colors I would prefer but eventually I could change out the Chrome for blacked out parts

Chitty deal with respect to your wife's condition, Shane. I admire your attitude and wanting to bring her as much comfort and joy as she can take. That shows true grit, integrity and the depth of your love for the love of your life.:thumbsup:

Welcome to the forum and do stick around. We'll do all we can to help you find a primo R3. There's nuthin' else out there like it.;)

Chitty deal with respect to your wife's condition, Shane. I admire your attitude and wanting to bring her as much comfort and joy as she can take. That shows true grit, integrity and the depth of your love for the love of your life.:thumbsup:

Welcome to the forum and do stick around. We'll do all we can to help you find a primo R3. There's nuthin' else out there like it.;)

Thank you, this page has already been helpful. a person here is selling a newer R3 that would be set up for my wife's comfort as a passenger, and I am looking at an 05 with 4665 original miles. I just have to decide if I want the added cost of the newer 11 with the additions vs the 05 stock. Waiting on the answer form my CU

Back