Hello to all Fellow R3 owners

SeanR111

Standard Bore
Ride
Rocket 3
270A7DBA-8BB1-474D-8B31-73AB8136D56C.jpeg
0A749DE3-5C07-4B86-82EB-F34C607438C0.jpeg
Hi, my name is Sean and have owned my 2005 R3 for some two years now so thought it was about time I joined a forum, well something like that lol. Reality is after trouble free riding for my ownership, she has decided to play up, it would appear it’s a common fault but I must be simple as I can’t seem to find a feed that I can decipher? Out for a ride last weekend and noticed the speedo had stopped working, pulled over, switched off then on again and it seemed to be all ok again. Out on her in the week and was riding along when a police car was coming towards me so looked down at speedo and it was registering nearly 70mph, there was no way I was anywhere near this speed, I pulled over and turned off, the speedo only returned to about 15mph even though I was parked? Since this when I turn on the ignition the lights do not illuminate and clocks do not sweep, but they do after I start her? The bike is unmolested, it was stock when I purchased from the original owner, I have since shortened the guards and added stubby exhaust but other than that, it’s standard with 12k miles. I would be extremely grateful for any advice, cheers, Sean

Hi Sean and welcome to the bestest forum on the web thingy. Be prepared to learn a lot about the bike from the very knowledgeable guys on here. There is the downside that they are also a pi$$ taking bunch with some really frivolous banter!:roll::roll: Tha main man on here for the electrical side of things is @DEcosse , a pure genius - give him a shout!!

Hi Sean and welcome to the bestest forum on the web thingy. Be prepared to learn a lot about the bike from the very knowledgeable guys on here. There is the downside that they are also a pi$$ taking bunch with some really frivolous banter!:roll::roll: Tha main man on here for the electrical side of things is @DEcosse , a pure genius - give him a shout!!

Cheers for your response, life’s too short for no banter lol, I will try and work out how to contact him, thanks again

Welcome to a wealth of knowledge. My 2013 is nice, but I love my 05's although some re-wiring seems to be necessary. But, after all, we are talking about a 13 year old motorcycle. LOT'S of nice, smart people on this forum. You'll feel at home in no time!:)

Welcome to what is, in my experience, the best motorcycle forum on the web!

I've only had my Rocket for a few months and am no expert, but some of our smart folks will undoubtedly chime in soon with some advice for your problem.

Welcome to a wealth of knowledge. My 2013 is nice, but I love my 05's although some re-wiring seems to be necessary. But, after all, we are talking about a 13 year old motorcycle. LOT'S of nice, smart people on this forum. You'll feel at home in no time!:)
Thank you

How are you doing my friend? I have never joined anything like this before but quite liking it hopefully get some help sorting my pride and joy out also? It’s nice to see you guys like the beautiful Rocket 3 also, I have only had mine two years but I can’t think what I would go for if I was to chop it in, it’s the dogs had nothing but Triumph biles since my first in 2004

Back