ROCKROADSTER3

Standard Bore
Ride
2010 Triumph Rocket 3 roadster
My name is Andrew

I own a 2010 Rocket Three Roadster. Love the bike best thing I have ever bought.
I am having a problem I need help with. I have just finished replacing the cam shaft gasket.
I tried to start the bike and it turns over but wont stay running. I pull on the throttle a little and it it revs up and down up and down and eventually runs.
The minute I turn it off it and start it I have to do it all over again to get the bike running. I have checked all the plugs, check sensors, Ran OBDII I get a manifold sensor error. But if I get the revs right it stays running but it wont start and run on its own without me manipulating the throttle.
Does anyone know what it could be.

WELCOME mate.
Someone with more knowledge about you problem than I will surely pipe up.
Over here it's only like 1:30 AM to 4:30 AM.

Last edited:
Welcome. Andrew from Ocala Fl . I would start by a looking for a vacuum line that is not connected.Soon the knowledgeable ones can give more help as 1olbull has stated

Hello RR3 and welcome from Virginia. It does sound like a vacuum problem on first reading. However, I am not an internal kind of guy here. Good luck and one of the masters will diagnose your issue shortly.

G'day and welcome. Sounds like a vacuum line problem to me. There are three vacuum hoses, one from each throttle body, that meet and are converted to a single hose that goes to the sensor. Check that all four hoses are secured correctly at each end, and that there are no leaks. If you use TuneECU (or TuneBoy) then you will be able to see if one TB is way off with its vacuum, and if so, you will have a good idea where to start.

G'day and welcome. Sounds like a vacuum line problem to me. There are three vacuum hoses, one from each throttle body, that meet and are converted to a single hose that goes to the sensor. Check that all four hoses are secured correctly at each end, and that there are no leaks. If you use TuneECU (or TuneBoy) then you will be able to see if one TB is way off with its vacuum, and if so, you will have a good idea where to start.
At at guess I would suggest that as Ian (@idk) has said it will more than likely be the vacuum lines and that error code sounds about right as those vac' lines are for the MAP sensor

Oh and another Aussie Welcome, where abouts are you at

Back