Hello! New to the forum - looking for R3 advice

RideMyRocket

Two Wheel Perma Grin
Ride
'08 R3 Classic
Greetings from Canada! Will update my profile shortly......

Glad to join and be a part of the R3 community! I've scoured through the forum but still need some advice before wasting any dough. Have an '08 R3 Roadster, mint condition and meticulously maintained with 26,000 Kms on her.

Recently developed a clicking noise in the rear tire assembly area. Engine on or off, in gear or neutral, forward or backward it's still there. Jacked ole Ruby up on the stand today and spun the rear wheel with no weight on it - no click! Lower her back down, click returns. I'm assuming 99% this is a bearing issue?

For ****s and giggles I was bored and decided to change the bevel box gear oil to rule this out. No metal shavings found on drain bolt and fluid looked decent in viscosity and color.

I've read most of the threads but looking for any additional insight from the R3 experts out there. Cheers in advance.

Hello RMR and welcome from Virginia. My first thought is bearings too, but that doesn't sound like you have enough mile yet for that to be an issue. I'll defer to more knowledgeable folks than myself.

Hello RMR and welcome from Virginia. My first thought is bearings too, but that doesn't sound like you have enough mile yet for that to be an issue. I'll defer to more knowledgeable folks than myself.
Thanks Boog. I'm positive it's not the bevel box or final drive. The sound on the lift sounds like it's from the center of inside of rim. Also looked under fender for obstructions and checked brakes, they are mint from last year and not rubbing.

You can remove the rear pads in 37.5sec without any tools try that and go around the block , FYI the roadster did not come on the market until2010 a common mistake made by new older Rocket riders:roll:
I stand corrected. I've been riding for near 40 years, hardly a new rider, but yes getting older. The brakes have been checked and are perfect. You can feel the click through the hub of the rim.

hello rmr. warm welcome from poland

Back