Hello, new R3R owner, need help with Windshield, forward controls, comfort measures.

Which rocket model is the best to own???

• Total voters

Happy

Standard Bore
Ride
2015 Rocket 3 Roadster ABS
I just sold my R3T and purchased a new R3R. I need advice making this bad boy as comfortable as possible cause I have a long work commute every day so comfort is important to me. I loved my R3T but needed more speed and power cause I commute along I10 in Houston. You have to move fast just to stay up with the traffic. I am on a strict budget so any advice I can get (i.e. windshield type, forward controls, saddle bags or panniers, etc..) will be greatly appreciated. Thank you for this forum and I read it often looking for advice.

Welcome from Florida As I have an R3T can't help but sure others will be around soon who can.

Pitty you didn't pop up here before getting rid of the R3T...it's every bit a capable as the R3T when it comes to power and any mods would have been way cheaper than the new bike.

I think you're going to need to let us know your preferences for the mods you want. Cheap doesn't always mean useful, and useful is different to us all. On my R3R I personally use a MRA windscreen, a set of kuryakyn adjustable pegs for my crash bars, and I'm working on mounting some quick disconnect viking bags.

Also: welcome.

Last edited:
Welcome from Waller County. I get the joy of commuting down I-10 too. A few comments on your request...

1.) Roadsters can be moderately expensive to modify the peg / foot controls. Unlike HD there are very few options for this and most that go this route either modify their exiting setup by cutting it off the peg rails and moving forward then re-welding or go with the Triumph Classic setup ($1,000 or so if you can find one).
2.) Almost any windshield setup will require the Triumph front end fixing kit and hardware with the exception of the generic metric type stuff that you would have to purchase and then modify to fit...anywhere from $400 to $2000 depending on how far you want to take it
3.) Saddlebags are fairly cheap and easy. Get yourself a set of EZ brackets and some bags from any one of several vendors (saddleman, viking, etc) and bolt on.

I have a '13 Roadster and a '09 Standard if you ever find yourself out toward the Thirsty Parrot in Monaville give me a shout and I can show you a couple of options

G'day and welcome. A set of filters, pipes, and a decent tune, would have given you more power on the R3T than you have on a stock Roadster. However, there are lots of options to make the Roadster more comfortable with seats, screens, shocks, springs, etc. Also more power to be had as well.

Just a few more modifications and part replacements will complete my rockets metamorphosis. The main comfort mods would be corbin saddle and progressive shocks.

Welcome from Mississippi!
I didn't vote since my model was left off ;)
As others have said, there's lots you can do, some not as cheap as others. Hopefully you can find a good shield used and bags can be had for reasonable costs. Your foot position will be a steeper climb?

Welcome and Happy Trails. I own a 2013 T and don't have much more desire for speed other than the D and D pipes, K&N and tune. Thankfully, I've never had to ride I-10 in Houston. I hate that road even in my 3/4 ton RAM diesel.

Hello Happy and welcome form a displaced Texan in Virginia. Your post confused me, how in the world can an R3T not keep up with that slow moving traffic around Houston? I know mine cruises just fine around 85 (at least that is what the ticket said) and I know it has no issue doing the ton. But if getting a new bike was really the motivation then I understand completely.

Welcome from Waller County. I get the joy of commuting down I-10 too. A few comments on your request...

1.) Roadsters can be moderately expensive to modify the peg / foot controls. Unlike HD there are very few options for this and most that go this route either modify their exiting setup by cutting it off the peg rails and moving forward then re-welding or go with the Triumph Classic setup ($1,000 or so if you can find one).
2.) Almost any windshield setup will require the Triumph front end fixing kit and hardware with the exception of the generic metric type stuff that you would have to purchase and then modify to fit...anywhere from $400 to $2000 depending on how far you want to take it
3.) Saddlebags are fairly cheap and easy. Get yourself a set of EZ brackets and some bags from any one of several vendors (saddleman, viking, etc) and bolt on.

I have a '13 Roadster and a '09 Standard if you ever find yourself out toward the Thirsty Parrot in Monaville give me a shout and I can show you a couple of options

Back