hello guys ive joined yer !!!!

aprillakilla

.020 Over
Ride
06 Rocket
hi i've been riding the Rocket all this year now, thort i'd better join as i want to pick your collective brains as it were !!
took the bike off the road for winter & a general clean .
i've bought an easzy riser Big Blue for this purpose , best money i've spent in ages !!!!!
took front wheel out polished it, removed mud guard eased & greased all fixings cleaned inside fork bottoms ( a lot easier when wheels out & forks are free )
so replaced front end & went to the back end !
wheel out ,no probs, saw that the final drive paint was lifting so thought i would remove that as well , clean it up and paint it, NOW the trouble !!!!!!!
took the drive off & found lots off RUST in the bottom of the splined end (female) !!
the female end splines look ok
degreaser & a toothbrush to clean & relube

BUT

1) where's the water come from in the 1st place ?
2) how do i remove the shaft from the swing arm/tube to clean, re-lube the splines ??

no untoward noises from the drive all bolts tight etc !!
bike goes well
not sure of top speed as the clock only reads upto 140mph ha ha ha
pull's like a train after the mod's mind !!

Welcome from Spain!

1) A seal somewhere that doesn't
2) Only by removing the swing arm.
cheers pal !!
just been in the garage to c if the oil has all drained out of the final drive - i'll leave it on the bench over the xmas hols - but i think it's finished now !!
i'll get back to polishing my rear wheel then - i was hoping not to have to remove the swing arm - but hey ho ho ho !!
thanks for the swift reply
all the best

Welcome from Australia. It seems that you might already be on the right track to solving your problem. There are some very knowledgeable people here. Enjoy the bike!

The rusty appearance is likely dried lubricany.
Replace with a Molly grease or a CV type grease DO NOT RUN IT DRY if you have pull the wheel again and grease it up brother

Check the rubber boot on the front of the swing arm it attaches th the torsional damper cover. Other than that Mizty is right.

Back