Hello from Toronto, Canada

Racket3

Standard Bore
Ride
Hello all

I am a future owner of a rocket 3 and have been searching market for a while, familiarizing myself with the bike itself.

Searching online, I do not seem to find information (specs, etc.) about different generation of bike since 2004.

Wondering when (which year) where major changes made to each generation.

I know 2019 and 2020 models have big upgrades to engine, etc. but not sure about the years before.

In brief, which year (older than 2019), is the best year I should buy.

Thank you

Hello all

I am a future owner of a rocket 3 and have been searching market for a while, familiarizing myself with the bike itself.

Searching online, I do not seem to find information (specs, etc.) about different generation of bike since 2004.

Wondering when (which year) where major changes made to each generation.

I know 2019 and 2020 models have big upgrades to engine, etc. but not sure about the years before.

In brief, which year (older than 2019), is the best year I should buy.

Thank you
The new R3's are a completely new design and the handling and performance are completely different from the previous Rocket III's. It depends on what you are looking for. I would say that if you are looking for a touring bike you are likely better off with the older Rocket III's but for just about everything else the new Rocket 3's will out perform the older Rocket III's.

Just my two cents worth.

There are only two generations of Rockets. 2020 is the second generation and all those before are first generation bikes. You need to decide wether you want a Touring model or a Roadster. The Classic is somewhat between the two. Look for newer models with low miles but well maintained.

Good hunting.

Welcome from Utah!! IMHO all Rockets are in a class of their own. But as you know, there are those differences in style (Roadster, Touring, Classic, Tourer's). The motor, though, till 2020 seems mostly unchanged. The newer ones have ABS braking systems. There's more, but that can do for now.
Have fun picking yours!!

Back