Hello from the sea!

BIGCARL

.020 Over
Ride
Nothing at the minute!
Hi guys,

New to the Rocket world and i am still undecided if i should take the plunge. i have had every sports bike and well i had a dragstar once for a short time. My last bike was a lovely Hayabusa but now 18 years of serving in the Navy my knees are aching on these small sports bikes. i am looking for a bike that is still fast but can take me and my wife out for the day with no fuss. i have found a lovely 07 Rocket that i like and i like the price also. can all the large screens and leather luggage be taken off as i want to fit a smaller screen to make the bike look a little younger. i am open to ideas that you experienced Rocket owners can pass my way.

Welcome to the forum. Yes you can take the bags and screen off and put on a smaller screen

Hey, and welcome.

You're going to find nothing but zealous encouragement for buying a rocket. Take that as a given.
Like most bikes, there are a lot of routes for customization and this one is no exception. Go wild. Take it all off. slap on whatever you want. Well, what fits anyway :)

i have looked at these for a while and all my mates have sports bikes but its time to ride for me and my family not like a D**k lol. i keep getting told that i will be left behind on a ride out but from what i can see these are fast and able to keep up with most bikes.

Welcome from Cape Cod Carl, You wont be disappointed on a Rocket. I too have run the gambit of bikes and have owned my Roadster for 3 years now and absolutely love it. I usually keep a bike for one or two riding seasons but my plans at the moment are to keep the Roadster and purchase a touring. I love it that much. You will too.

WELCOME to ya, Carl, from the Colonies! :thumbsup:
You have come to the correct place and chosen the correct motor! :thumbsup:

Hey Big Carl.
I have just sold my 1st gen Busa coz in 2 and half years of owning the Rocket I never rode the Busa once .The rocket has a warp factor of 10 once it's dialled in and that coming from a Busa owner is praise indeed !
Read thru the threads in this forum , and choose wisely . Don't be afraid to ask questions no matter how trivial . The guys here are knowledgeable and understanding !
Personally , the roadster was the only model for me after stepping off sports bikes coz I do like to scratch , but can also tour in comfort .
By the way , welcome from Dartmoor England ! :thumbsup:

Back