Trevor Smith

Standard Bore
Ride
2006 Triumph Rocket III Classic
Good evening everyone!
New owner of the Rocket here. I have owned several Honda bikes the past but this is my first Triumph. I have looked at the r3 for years and thought it was a bit of a laugh, just way too much bike for reality. Two weeks ago I came across a 2006 at a local dealer and took it for short rode. I was hooked! Just an amazing ride. Quiet, fast and very good looking, typical British engineering. I very happy with the new mistress and happy to be on the forum.

Welcome from California.
Take it easy for a bit until you and your new mistress understand each other. She can and will bite you if you give her too much go juice!

Welcome from California.
Take it easy for a bit until you and your new mistress understand each other. She can and will bite you if you give her too much go juice!

Yes she has been a bit more of a handle to get used to, but when you pass a brand new corvette as he slams on the gas and you pull it into 4th, that's a good day.

Welcome to R3Owners Trevor. I have owned my R3T for only 2 months and have to agree wholeheartedly with DJ. Before I rode the R3 I never gave much thought about the grading (incline) on where I parked, whether it was in a parking lot or my driveway. Her dry weight being 200+lbs. heavier than my old VStar 1100 Silverado makes a world of a difference. I threw my back twice trying to back her up into my garage.

It looks you are already enjoying your bike too. Congrats on the purchase.

Back