Hello from southern Arizona

EskimoPie

Supercharged
Ride
2021 Rocket 3 GT
Hello all, I'm not an R3 owner YET, but I've been on the market for the past couple of months and have all but decided on a 2.5L GT. Hoping to make it official before the end of the year. I've been cross-shopping a Vmax or a Harley Fat Bob, but when I started digging into the Rocket, I decided that's for me. I've always jones for a speed triple, but I'm middle-aged now and I'm looking for something that's more comfortable for a daily commute in Tucson, AZ as well as weekend cruising through the mountains (hopefully some of the time with my wife). I love the in-your-face torque of the R3 along with the styling and modern electronics. Think this will be a bike that'll keep a grin on my face for a long while.

Local dealer has '20 and '21 units in stock although I don't believe there were any changes between the model years. Likely leaning towards a black GT, although honestly I haven't sat on either yet. I'm a big guy at 6'1", 275lbs so figure the GT would be more comfortable long term.

My main question is should I expect to have much price negotiation room with the dealer or are these new enough that they're really only selling at MSRP?

Thanks!
EskimoPie

welcome from tucson arizona
we have a small group of three that we ride with if u r interested.

welcome from tucson arizona
we have a small group of three that we ride with if u r interested.
Thanks! I'll definitely take you up on that if I pull the trigger! Any of the 3 with a new model? Trying to determine what the AZ dealerships will do for price negotiation.

Thanks! I'll definitely take you up on that if I pull the trigger! Any of the 3 with a new model? Trying to determine what the AZ dealerships will do for price negotiation.
Triumph of Phoenix is a good dealership, privately owned not a cooperate chain. They were a Victory dealer where I bought my Cross Country, same owners now a Triumph dealer. Rick the sales guy is personable and good to deal with. Southern Arizona is a lot of territory, what town?

WELCOME! to our R3 Forum family... and you are correct; once you get your R3 your grin will become a permanent fixture on your face... :thumbsup: :cool: I looked at a new GT this past summer here in Miami and the price was nonnegotiable. I did not pull the trigger and with my now pending first retirement; a good call. Maybe 2022.
-MIG

Welcome to the forum, i had a fat bob and a rocket at the same time, sold the bob and kept the rocket, the difference is astronomical, my fatbob was a 2018 with the 114 engine, my rocket is a 2015, hope it helps!

I traded my CVO Fatbob for a ‘14 Rocket Roadster but have since added a new TFC. Both are great bikes and very strong cruisers. I’d offer $1000 below MSRP as a start and hold on that for a while even walk away on the first day. Cross shop dealers in the area and see who deals and who you feel good about.

Back