Hello from Scotland

Dyngoo

Standard Bore
Ride
2010 Rocket 3 Touring 1978 Honda CB400F
Have just bought a 2010 Rocket 3 Touring although don't pick her up for a couple of weeks.

Have settled on the R3 since I had a Honda Valkyrie a few bikes ago and fancied another big cruiser. Current bike is a Hayabusa but it's just too uncomfortable so time for a change.

Had a longish test ride on the R3 and first impressions are that it's sort of like a bigger version of the Valkyrie but not quite so smooth which given the Valk's 6 cylinders is only to be expected.

Will definitely need to add a screen 'lip' of some sort as the buffeting was quite bad at anything above 60 mph - any suggestions ?

I have no doubt that I'll need the forum for help once I get the bike home.

David

Have just bought a 2010 Rocket 3 Touring although don't pick her up for a couple of weeks.

Have settled on the R3 since I had a Honda Valkyrie a few bikes ago and fancied another big cruiser. Current bike is a Hayabusa but it's just too uncomfortable so time for a change.

Had a longish test ride on the R3 and first impressions are that it's sort of like a bigger version of the Valkyrie but not quite so smooth which given the Valk's 6 cylinders is only to be expected.

Will definitely need to add a screen 'lip' of some sort as the buffeting was quite bad at anything above 60 mph - any suggestions ?

David

Welcome from sunny Southern California! Just got my R3R a few weeks ago and am thinking about a windscreen. If there are buffering issues with the Triumph windscreen, I'll be following this thread to see what others are doing to smooth it out.

Welcome from Germany! Sounds like you've had some good ponies! The rocket won't let you down.
Don't know anything about buffeting; mines either naked up front or just the angry screen, but I'm sure some of the big screen guys will come along soon and help you out.

David

Good luck with your new ride. A lot of us go with a clearview screen, they make them taller, wider, and you can get a recurve. They also have a vent to let air thru. Check out their web site.

I tried a lip did not like it, was good till about 70mph then got to loud for me.

2 weeks is a long wait, hope you make it!!

Welcome to the BEST motor forum around!
Is there a fire sale on Rockets in England?
We've had a lot of your mates sign up recently.
I run the Triumph shield and have no buffeting issues, even above 130 mph (210 km/h).

G'day and welcome.

I cut a hole, about 7" long and 1.5" tall, just above the horizontal bracket on mine. It made a world of difference to the buffeting. Also the lowers help a lot. You may also have to play with the adjustment angle and height to make it better.

Back