Hello from Perthshire, Scotland

Baldybloke

Standard Bore
Ride
Rocket 3 Touring
Hi folks,

A newbie saying hello from Scotland. Bought a Rocket 3 Touring last year when I traded in my Wide Glide. Love the R3T - really comfy, great power and handles much better than I expected for such a heavy bike. It came with TORS fitted along with a heap of other accessories - some, like the leather tank pouch which gets dust and crap underneath and scratches your tank nicely, I've already taken off. It also came with Fournales air shocks fitted which is actually quite handy coz I'm only a short arse at 5'8" and with the R3T being a brute of a bike, it can be a bit of a struggle on uneven, gravelly car parks especially with the misses in the back. So I took some air out and lowered it about an inch which is just enough to give a little extra leverage and make things a tad more stable. Also just about to have a bash at the R3T remap from Tune ECU to see how that goes. I'll update in the relevant areas to describe how it went and what difference it makes in the real world - if any.

Ok - so enough rambling - love the Rocket - must admit I do miss the Harley a wee bit - might have to keep my eyes open on Gumtree for a Sportster project!

Welcome onboard , I used to be a big Harley Rider but love my Rocket !!!

Welcome from Germany! I thought all Harley's were "projects"; even the brand new ones ;) only joking, but think a project bike for me would have to have a little more ground clearance. Maybe a cafe or something?

WELCOME MATE,

Please wash your mouth out as HD's don't feature on this forum, I used to own a Fat Boy and now I own a Rocket - both names reflect the machines appropriately.

WOW Perthshire, I used to live in Dundee many years ago when I was on the rigs. Soooo cold there, I wonder when you're ride your bike?

Anyway Mate, welcome and you'll find this forum a great place and the interaction is good fun.

"Cherri Oh"

welcome from Arizona
i used to be a big sportster rider now i am a small rocket rider:D

Welcome to the horde from Northern Michigan. I put Hagon shocks on to lower my R3T about an inch to accommodate my 5' 6" shortness:D Air shocks would be cool.

G'day and Welcome from Australia ... what are you doing with a Gumtree in Scotland ? Thought your website would be Oaktree or something.

Back