Hello from Oklahoma r3owners

tabasco bulldog

Standard Bore
Ride
2007 Triumph Rocket III Classic
Thank you for the welcome. I recently bought a 2007 R3 Classic after riding HD's for 10 years. Working through the typical used bike issues and hoping the experience of the group will expedite the process.

Hi TB and welcome to the forum from the British Isles.
Oh my, are you going to notice the difference with the new bike...!! There are many many threads on here regarding any known issues and the remedies necessary. This is not saying that every bike suffers, far from it. Should you have any questions, good or bad, ask away. There are a lot very able and knowledgeable people here that can assist you. Enjoy :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

My maiden voyage was a 6 hour poker run. The last hour was a struggle to keep her running. I found some ignition switch damage which I read is not uncommon. I'm researching eb light kit to avoid reoccurance and weighing factory switch replacement against keyless ignition to get back on the road. Does the keyless option eliminate the need for the light kit? I will appreciate suggestions.

Welcome aboard from another kiwi..from Christchurch in the South Island. Hope you enjoy your Rocket as we do. Re the keyless ignition i feel DEcosse will be here soon...he makes them and there is a current thread running re a new version he has had going from 2016....so you should get that question answered pretty quickly....Good to have you on board.
If you go to the search box up top of the page and type in 'Keyless Ignition" you should get to it..cheers.
Just a P.S. 'Sonny' who is a member here, is from Henryetta...

Welcome from western Washington. I bought my 07 Classic new and had nary an issue with it, passing it on to my son. I'll be borrowing it in June to ride to Maggie Vallie.

Let us know what used bike issues you are experiencing and hopefully we can help with resolving them. You'll get all the advice you need. Post a pic please. How many miles are on your 07 and do you have the maintenance records. Let us know what's going on. We're here to help.

TB,
Any Dogwoods blooming over there yet? Probly wouldn’t be hard to put together a Talihina ride in the next month or two. I’m guessing you know some pretty roads in the area.

Back