jkmccoy51

.020 Over
Hi everyone. I am a small animal veterinarian in SE Oklahoma. I've had my Rocket for about 18 months. I sometimes visit the .com site and was told that I should come here too. The cat delete/D&D exhaust are the only mods to my 07 Classic. I guess the seat with the driver's backrest (no idea what its called) and bags are mods but I really ordered the 07 classic tourer but preferred the black engine and the dealer was nice enough to switch all the accessories of the tourer onto a classic frame/engine. I just ordered Tuneboy with the intention of doing the K&N triple filter mod, but as my mechanical skills are lacking, may be getting over my head.
Glad to be here.

Welcome aboard, Captain. From the home of the Savages, eh? Oh, they probably can't call themselves that any more due to the NCAA. I'm originally from down the road south of you on 78 in Bonham. Still go back to see my parents on occasion. Will be there Easter weekend. There's an R3T stationed in Bonham owned by a Phy Asst who goes by Swordpoint on the .com site. You might want to touch base with him.

Welcome aboard, Captain. From the home of the Savages, eh? Oh, they probably can't call themselves that any more due to the NCAA. I'm originally from down the road south of you on 78 in Bonham. Still go back to see my parents on occasion. Will be there Easter weekend. There's an R3T stationed in Bonham owned by a Phy Asst who goes by Swordpoint on the .com site. You might want to touch base with him.

Ha, Ha, Yeah they are called the "Savage Storm" these days. :rolleyes: Are Native Americans really offended by sport team names? I live in the capital of the Choctaw nation and I've never heard anyone complain. If you're bringing your bike, let me know. I'd love to see it, and maybe get some firsthand advice on how not to screw my bike up.

Welcome to the site.

That was a very nice dealer who did the swap for you. I personally prefer the silver gray engine color.

The Cat box delete option, also more OEM referred to as the exhaust upgrade, will considerably enhance the oomph and yeehah aspects. You may be surprised with this alone. I've not gone to the triple intake route, nor with a loud mouth exhaust.

The RAA IV rendezvous is coming up in early May. There are a couple Texas Captains going.

Veterinarian you say??? What is the best flee and tick solution that I can get at my local seed and feed store for my mongrel and lap dogs? Sorry, I won't be making it in for a n office consult:rolleyes:

I'm in the weather forecasting business. I give free advice all the time:D

Last edited:
I still run into people who don't know about the rocket family. Glad you found us and wondered how you heard about the beast. I figure you stay pretty busy in your practice but with the weather clearing up manage to got out and wondered if you use it for house calls?

Welcome to the site and do give the RAA a look, I'm going as are several others, sounds like it will be a large gathering. Look forward to meeting you.

Lonnie

Welcome to the site.

That was a very nice dealer who did the swap for you. I personally prefer the silver gray engine color.

The Cat box delete option, also more OEM referred to as the exhaust upgrade, will considerably enhance the oomph and yeehah aspects. You may be surprised with this alone. I've not gone to the triple intake route, nor with a loud mouth exhaust.

The RAA IV rendezvous is coming up in early May. There are a couple Texas Captains going.

Veterinarian you say??? What is the best flee and tick solution that I can get at my local seed and feed store for my mongrel and lap dogs? Sorry, I won't be making it in for a n office consult:rolleyes:

I'm in the weather forecasting business. I give free advice all the time:D

HeR3tic, about the flea and tick meds... at the local feed store almost all products will be pyrethrin based... not real effective.(in the short term maybe) Stop by your local vet and purchase Frontline Plus, Advantix, or a newer product called Comfortis that has been getting pretty good reviews.
The RAA would be a blast, but I doubt with my wife 8 months pregnant at that time that I'll be able to get away. It's our first. Scared. Terrified. I mean how am I supposed to take care of a kid? I'm a kid myself.:D jk, totally looking forward to it.
I've actually had the bike for a while and I love it. Got the Tuneboy to expand horizons and start a hobby. Busy at the practice but I'm pretty lazy at home. That will probably change when the munchkin arrives.

Welcome. Now in the Northwest, but spent 4 yrs in Norman. This was before my rocket, while I was stationed at Tinker, AFB. Would have been nice to have had it then. OK sure has more sunny days than Oregon. Perhaps a little scary on those really windy days though.

Welcome!!!! with all the advice on this board you will have no problems with the K&N mod. So many people have done it its not a big deal. And the tuneboy thing isnt that bad either. Slight learning curve but you definetely came to the right place!!!!!!
Again welcome and good luck with the mod!!!

mutt

Back