brently

.020 Over
hello guys from ohio
i am a aircraft tech from defiance ohio, i work on older piston engine twin cesna airplanes, for 20 years now. i am 42 years young, i have a family of 5 , 2 sons 6 and 2, 1 daughter 13 who thinks she is 23and a wife 36. the wife let me get the 05 rocket last year for my birthday, she treats me real well. i also drag race and restore old mucle cars . my toys are the rocket, a 78 pontiac transam with a 462 i am rebuilding the engine right now and a 72 Mach 1 q code mustang in restoration, and a old vw bug 1964 i plan on street roding for my daughter and sons when they can drive for a family project.
why did i get a rocket well bigger is better is one of my theroys , and i have been messing with harlys for several years now. i restored a old 76 shovel head with my best friend and worked on several evos with buddies. and some of my other friends ride ****** rockets, wich are cool but not for me i like the speed but want to be more laid back. so what happens when you mix a cruser with a ****** rocket ....... rocket 3, old school cruser style with tons of torge and horsepower and speed i love it .... well any way i am glad to be here and have lots of tech questions will be adding pipes and filters and trying to figure out tune boy or tune ecu, and i will add when i think i can help i have a lot of experiance in fabrication welding and bodywork and painting. thanks for having me brently

Welcome brently from a long time ago buckey boy. You certainly have your hands full with all of your personal and family projects. The guys here have lots if answers to your questions. Now about that 13yr old, you are on your own :D

Welcome to R3Owners from Florida, and good luck with your new ride..I am a fairly new member also..Have a 08 R3T and enjoy it very much. I learned a couple things while visiting this forum..I learn alot just by visiting, and I keep the economy going buying things talked about here!

Don't know your size or weight or if you 2up a lot. Most here went with suspension, handlebar, throttle lock, seat mods. The biggest concern was handling with stock shocks. Your 05 probably has lots of stuff done already. If not the sky is the limit, to within reason of course....:(

stock except kn under seat and turnsignal mod with license plate relocate i made myself. looking to do pipes and triple kns but trying to figure the tuning ecu or tune boy issues proabaly the jardine rumblers:)

Welcome from Downunder, Brently. Sounds like you're on the right track with mods and plenty of advice and info on here to help. If you do ANY interesting fabrication, welding or painting work to your bike be sure to post pics as we're all keen to see ideas from creative souls.

I'm very thankful that I have boys but can confirm there is no manual or forum for managing them through teen years either. :confused:

Welcome Brently from Irvine, Kentucky you might want to consider the lighting relay the ignition switches get a little hot since the lights are running direct. I built mine myself about $23 worth of parts counting heat shrink tubing and all lights are quite a bit brighter another project you might consider there is a whole section regarding this even diagrams think it's under ignition switches. Welcome enjoy I know you're going love that rocket.

Back