Hello from North Virginia

Lrobbo

Standard Bore
Ride
Rocket III Roadster
A Brit living in Virginia, USA, for a couple of years. Wanted a cruising bike to take me on my wanders. Found a 2011 Rocket III shortly after moving here at a main dealer. Lovely condition with under 3000 miles on the clock; it's pristine and I've fallen in love with it.

Clocked up 2000 miles in the last 3 months. Added some saddle bags from Viking.

I've been riding for 12 years and love touring. Feb 2020 I rode across India, West coast to East coast, on a Royal Enfield Bullet. Back in 2018 spent 2 weeks in the northern hills of Vietnam on a CRF250.
20200919_132043~2.jpg
20201121_131231.jpg

Hello @Lrobbo and welcome from Dumfries, we are neighbors it would seem. I'm guessing you got your bike from MOD.

Hello @Lrobbo and welcome from Dumfries, we are neighbors it would seem. I'm guessing you got your bike from MOD., I did. They were a great company to deal with.

Hello @Lrobbo and welcome from Dumfries, we are neighbors it would seem. I'm guessing you got your bike from MOD.
Hello neighbour! Yes, I did use MOD. Found them to be a very good dealership.

Hello neighbour! Yes, I did use MOD. Found them to be a very good dealership.
Glad to have another Rocket in the area! Do you do your own bike work? I am being too do so myself and luckily, we have many great mentors on the forum here and a couple local.

Glad to have another Rocket in the area! Do you do your own bike work? I am being too do so myself and luckily, we have many great mentors on the forum here and a couple local.
In the UK I do all my own work, but over here I'm pretty limited by workshop space and tools, so will have to rely on the main dealer. I don't plan on making too many changes initially. I've added a pair of saddle bags, which actually proved to be a total pain in the butt without the proper tools, and a Zumo GPS.

I'm planning to take some long road trips in the spring, so hopefully the Zumo will pay for itself.

I've been down Dumfries way on it a few times already - Prince William national park. I've also had a couple of rideouts with groups based out of the Fredericksburg Harley dealership; fabulous riding just off the main freeway.

Pretty tired up with work until the New Year, but if you ever fancy meeting up for a ride and to talk Rockets let me know.

WELCOME!! to our R3 Family from Miami, Florida... Beautiful ride you have there... How's your new "Perma-Grin" Setting in? :thumbsup: :cool:
-MIG

Back