Hello from New Zealand - 2004 Rocket III - Project Bike

Nige

.020 Over
Ride
R3, Honda F6B, FE350
Hi all,

I am new to the forum and looking for some guidance (via searching forums first of course) on doing a full custom of my 2004 Rocket III I bought from my father in law. It only has 7,000 kilometers on it so pretty fresh engine but the body and paint is a bit tatty after being left outside for a while (previous owner) and needs coil replacement due to intermittent cylinder drop when hot.

I want to make it a bit special and give it a retro cafe racer'ish look with the front end and bars. Move it to single seat and chop the rear and front fenders. I had a Storm which I modded heavily before and looked outstanding but the R3 to me appears to be a harder canvas to play with.

Anyway, I am looking forward to any advise or guidance from the people in this forum!

:)

Here she is, ready for the chop! ...

20160326_114641.jpg

Hi all,

I am new to the forum and looking for some guidance (via searching forums first of course) on doing a full custom of my 2004 Rocket III I bought from my father in law. It only has 7,000 kilometers on it so pretty fresh engine but the body and paint is a bit tatty after being left outside for a while (previous owner) and needs coil replacement due to intermittent cylinder drop when hot.

I want to make it a bit special and give it a retro cafe racer'ish look with the front end and bars. Move it to single seat and chop the rear and front fenders. I had a Storm which I modded heavily before and looked outstanding but the R3 to me appears to be a harder canvas to play with.

Anyway, I am looking forward to any advise or guidance from the people in this forum!

:)

Here she is, ready for the chop! ...
20160326_114641.jpg
THATS a good looking bike dont chop it up get some used fenders dont chop up nice stuff there is plenty of old used parts to play with on the internet

THATS a good looking bike dont chop it up get some used fenders dont chop up nice stuff there is plenty of old used parts to play with on the internet

Hey mate, yes it does look like that from the photo but the paint is dull, the chrome is pitted and there are dents in the front fender from something being dropped on it. I hear you about getting some used and older stuff to play with and I'll do that with the rear but the front needs replacing anyway so a good play pen.

Welcome from Florida USA ,Nige bike looks good from here but the eyes aren't what they used to be.Good luck with your project keep us updated with pictures.

Back