JudgeMontrose

.020 Over
Ride
'07 Speed Triple, '14 Rocket III Roadster
It's nice to be here. I've been riding for about 4 years . . . started on a Vulcan 750, then went to a Speed Triple. Picked up and sold a VTX 1800 and a VStrom 650 along the way.

I've been looking at getting back to a cruiser for a while, and have been considering the R3. Finally got to test ride an '18 Roadster yesterday, and man, what a bike.

Now I'm trawling every classifieds site I can find looking for the best deal possible.

Which brings me to my question for you guys -- right now I've got 2 good options. Which would you go for?

2011 Roadster -- 4k miles, $7,000, has leather bags and shorty dual exhausts, needs nothing.
2011 Roadster -- 45k miles, $5400, Corbin hard bags, needs a rear tire and probably rear brake pads.

Hello neighbor and welcome from Virginia. Either way should work out well. My 2014 has 54K miles now and keeps on ticking and others have much more than I do.

I’d choose the low mileage one and take the bags off. I hate bags on a Roadster. My used 2014 had them and I jerked them off first thing.

If you need bags I’d reverse the descion in favor of the better quality hard ones. There’s not a great difference in the money imho.

WELCOME to ya, Judge, from WA State!
A Judge Montrose from NC? - Go figure?
I would go for the newest and lowest mileage Roadster you can afford.
Forget options as you will want to make it your own anyway!

Back