alan robert

Standard Bore
Hello from Alan and Jan, in Avon, Indiana. We bought a new in the crate, Black and White, "07" R3 Classic Tour, this month.

Our dealer got it, from another dealership. It is loaded with accessories as stock items. It was a good deal, we couldn't pass it up. It looks like a "cop" bike. We love it.

Owned a Sprint St, but it was not too good, for (2) up touring. A very good touring bike for one, though. Sorry to see it go, but couldn't afford both.

We are both in our fifties, I have always rode steel horses (street and moto), since 1970. Jan didn't ride, until about (12) years ago.

I work for the city of Indianapolis, as a firefighter (close to 23 years). Love the job and city! Jan stays home with the youngest son, who is autistic and mentally challenged. We have (6) children and (9) grand children together.

Still doing a run in, for the R3. Ride it back and forth to work. Will run the R3 this winter, as long as the roads are dry.

I like your R3 forum. I have been browsing, and have already picked up a lot of good information and tips. Thanks.

Wecome aboard, and watch out for that slow white paint, it'll throw you if you ain't careful, cause the black will want to go fast, and that has caused many a disaster, kinda like a torque tornado spinnin round. The black trying to outrun the white, but thank God you didn't get one of those defective Red ones..:eek: have fun and welcome..skip

Alan welcome to the forum, and don't pay too much attention to xhdskip that guy's nuts.:eek: Just put a good car tire on her and the black/white thing won't be any problem. The red one,s are faster and just as reliable.:D:D

I had a lot of good times in Indy in my younger days. The company I worked for in Lafayette would have our annual holiday party in downtown Indy. Usually at the Westin. We'd stay at the Westin until things died down and then would head over to the Bulldog or one of the other fine beverage distribution locations in the area.

Wecome Alan,

We live just down the road in Martinsville. We ride alot and ride in the cold as long as the roads are good. Maybe we can take a ride down along the river some day.

Great to see you aboard.
Bill

Sounds like a you got yourself a keeper, pay no attention to the people telling red or white is slow, the red and white one's are the fastest.

Bob:D

Good to have you join our almost humble abode. My 1st red one was so fast I had to get another. :eek: We Fl. boys just got a bit of your weather today and I almost didn't ride, almost.;)

You'll Have Lots of Fun

Alan and Jan...... Glad you both have joined in the controlled madness both on the R3 and on this site. We all have such a great time talking, asking questions and most of all riding somewhere to meet a fellow Captain (and in your case, First Officer)!

The gals that attended Eureka Springs this past September made the event so much more than we could have ever hoped for. Next year should even be better and I hope you both will be able to attend.

Yes, we will work on the black and white vortex speed issue. The more that I ride the bike, it becomes apparent, that we made a good choice.

The R3's immediate power band response, for a large bike, is incredible. Of course, a big bike should be that way, but we all know, that is not always the case.

I have been reading about the "rattle in a paint can noise", which seems to plague the 07 Classic Tourer. That is my only concern, if any, so far.

The R3 appears to be rider maintenance friendly. This forum, with all of the information available, is extremely helpful and definitely a point, in the right direction.

I claim many homelands. Southern Illinois, Kansas, and Indiana. Indiana for the moment.

Thanks again, for the warm welcome.

Back