Hello from Florida

PaddyO

Supercharged
Ride
2014 R3T
My name is PaddyO and have just bought a new to me 2014 R3T with 2730 miles on her. Unfortunately, I am in Florida and she is in San Antonio, TX. I will be flying out to Texas to pick her up and bring her home. Before I leave, I will replace the cooling system hoses and tires. A knowledgable friend of mine looked her over for me and showed me a picture of the hose from the radiator to water pump that did not look good. So I decided to replace the hoses and tires for safety. I will be putting on Avon Cobras. Mods I already have in mind are to put on my 6 gallon auxillary fuel tank from my Nomad, my Fiaam Freeway Blaster horns, headlight/brake light modulators, LED headlight and driving lights, McCruise cruise control, my Garmin GPS, my Marlin's clock and temperature gauge, my RAM mounts for a cup holder for myself and my wife, and a driver's back rest from Utopia.

I am a daily rider and put over 133,00 miles in about 7.5 years on the Nomad before it died. I am looking forward to many miles on this bike. I have lurked on this site for about 2 years and am impressed with the knowledge and support displayed here. This board is part of the reason for my decision to go with the R3T besides it looking to be an incredible bike. I have ridden a Thunderbird LT and a R3R and both of them were incredible machines. The R3T is more my style and I am looking forward to getting familiar with it and making it my own.

Welcome aboard!

There’s definitely enough information on this site to keep you reading and learning for a very long time.

Welcome from CT :thumbsup: mileage is no issue with a R3... My farhers is one of the first 200 in america, and it is approaching 70k miles with very few issues over the years...stay safe

Back