Hello from Chatham, UK

Malcolm B

.020 Over
Ride
2010 Rocket 3 Roadster, Yamaha YZF1000 Thunderace
Hi all. I take delivery of a new-to-me 2010 Rocket 3 Roadster next Saturday.

Having only owned bikes from 1970s and currently a 1996 Yamaha Thunderace talk of Bearclaws and Power Commanders is a bit new to say the least. I've never owned a bike with fuel injectors but know enough that they aren't the same as carbs and you need to have a fuel map via the ECU.

Other than that zip.....

Should I a) not fix it before it's broken b) not fiddle with it as this beast puts out more power than my first 4 bikes put together c) happily tinker away with open-ended spanners and a fag paper to set the points...??

I bought the bike as I do like big powerful bikes but the current Mrs B won't go on the 'Ace so I needed something comfy for a little light touring to the coast / country. The idea is to get to the coast / country and then go walkabout.

I had a Pan European (quite top heavy but very comfy) which was great as all our 'stuff' went in the panniers / top box. I was thinking to get a top box on the rear rack for boots / armoured trousers / gloves and then put a heavy chain through an arm each of our jackets & lids so they're secure....

Any tips for alternatives welcome :)

Great to be here in the forum and really glad to be an R3Owner

Back