Hello from Central Queensland, Australia

Jeffro

.020 Over
Ride
Rocket 3 T
About time I introduced myself, have been lurking couple of years since buying R3T.
Wife and I flew over to Perth bought bike and rode back to Rockhampton October 2015.
Took us 11 days with a bit of sight seeing in between, 7500 kms overall.
Nullabor Plain [Esperence to Ceduna] 2 days stopping overnight at Madura Pass.
By the time we got to Hay rear tyre was shot and couldn't get a replacement for love nor money between there and Bathurst. Bit the bullet, went into Bob Jane in Bathurst asked if they had a radial tyre
in 180 ish x 80 x16 and went "dark side" home. :eek:
Aside from a bit of sidewall squirm at very low speed all was good and I might add braking performance in the wet was probably better than standard. May go back darkside in future [ light truck radial ].
Have ridden bike all over QLD in the last few years solo, 2 up, towing a trailer, whatever, it is our favoured
tourer.
Month ago on the way to sons wedding in Brisbane we came unstuck south of Crows Nest while towing trailer. Light drizzle , slippery road , off camber right hander and bike arced up in top gear putting us sideways into a ditch. Wife got off with a bruised hip and a bit of shock, thanks to all the right gear while
I got a bit banged up ribs, shoulders and damaged hands [ no gloves].
Bike was classed repairable write off and thanks to Swann Insurance is now in my shed awaiting return to road very shortly. Anyway may have to keep an eye on classifieds for some parts in the short term.
P.S. We made it to the wedding :thumbsup:
Jeffro

Thanks fellas, lots of good people on this forum.
RevRoss : you weren’t out at Middlemount around 10yrs ago?
Grumpy Ole Codger : can find my way around forum ok ( couple years practice).
Now I’ve found my voice will have to practice replies

Back