Hello from Central Queensland, Australia.

Muff

Mr Diver
Ride
08 Rocket 3 Tourer
Hi everyone, thanks for accepting me to this site. I am an Iraqi Veteran that rides a Rocket 3 Tourer (08) with a 119k's on it and a member of the VVMC/VMC Australia. I tow a camper trailer behind the rocket and I'm also a darksider with a car tyre on the back. I now get 45k out of a tyre now compared to 4k. I have been monitoring this site for ages and have seen some great chats/info on here so I finally thought I'd join.

Welcome Muff from the sunny UK ....have you thought of changing your name to "Mega Mileage Muff" ?

Tell me has your Rocket needed a lot of maintenance / parts after covering that sort of mileage

Welcome Muff from the sunny UK ....have you thought of changing your name to "Mega Mileage Muff" ?

Tell me has your Rocket needed a lot of maintenance / parts after covering that sort of mileage
Hi RacerX74, I have had very few problems but I am very anal with my maintenance. I have had a few normal problems, like the alarm shutting down the bike, valve adjustment and clutch input shaft breaking. Because I am remote, I do most of the work myself (was an Aircraft engineer in the Military). Head stem bearings at 80k, hp fuuel pump at 90k, grease drive line every 30k, oil every 10k and just about to do my fork oils once I get my head around this Tuneecu download.:thumbsdown: FYI, my minimum trip distance is 300k and longest is 9.5k so the bike is under different conditions to that of a town bike!

Back