LoWeLL216

Standard Bore
Ride
BMW K1600B
Hi all,

I'm Lowell from San Diego. I actually don't own a Rocket 3, but have been doing some research into potentially picking up a GT. I currently ride a BMW K1600B so I'd be very curious on any comparisons between these two bikes from anyone who's owned both. I ride with my wife 2 up about 50 percent of the time so this is a factor, but mostly short distances (less than 200 miles per trip). For comparison sake, I'm also looking at a Diavel S, but question the reality of riding with a passenger comfortably on that bike.

I appreciate everyone's comments in advance and all the information I've already found on this forum.

Welcome from too sunny North Texas. If you're looking for a 2-up ride the Rocket will work, but it's not a Goldwing for comfort and convenience. You can go to your Triumph dealer for a Rocket test ride, that should speak volumes on whether it meets your mission statement for the bike.

When I got rid of my 05 Rocket I was in the market for a different ride and possibly a touring/sport bike. I saw the 14 Rocket at the Triumph/BMW/Ducati dealer and bought it. When I reluctantly sold the 14 Rocket I looked at 'everything' but I'm weak and bought the 2020 Rocket GT. There is something about a 'jack of all trades' bike and the torque numbers that keeps pulling me in. Good luck:thumbsup:

WELCOME! to our R3 Family Forum... :thumbsup: :cool:
-MIG

Welcome. I never really of the new Rockets as got two up bikes but y’all may feel differently. It would be nice if you both took a test ride on one to see if it’s a fit.

I test rode a K1600B and thought it was a quick slick machine but I like the torque of the R3 better.

Back