Hello from Austria

sewy

Standard Bore
Ride
Rocket 3 2015
Hello everyone,
I recently finished my Triumph Rocket III (2015) sidecar project, which I want to share with you.
The motorcycle has done only 1700km when I bough it last November.

The motorcycle is 100% stock. One prob: the engine warning light is active.
My first attempt would be to delete the warning message via TuneECU.
Now that I've learnt some basic stuff about TuneECU, I was wondering what else could be tuned (with a stock engine)?
Are all these custom maps just about higher performances, or are there also other useful tweaks?

Maybe someone can enlighten me?

thanks, Martin Fischer, Austria

Attachments

• IMG_1732.jpg
    IMG_1732.jpg
    624.6 KB · Views: 10
  • IMG_1742.jpg
    IMG_1742.jpg
    664.4 KB · Views: 10
Hello Martin and welcome from Virginia. Beautiful ride you have created there!

The tunes are indeed primarily for increased power or in some cases to decrease the deceleration popping. It all depends on the modification you wish to make in the future like changing the exhaust and air intake.

welcome from arizona
first thing is to read the code so u know what u have a problem with and how to proceed.

WELCOME!! from Miami, Florida... For tuning, beyond a map to open up your secondaries, you could consider aftermarket pipes and and a RAMAIR filter setup. I've personally done the pipes upgrade (which eliminated the CAT) but run a K&N filter in the stock setup and am happy.
-MIG

Welcome from Connecticut USA! Your bike looks awesome. I love the side car on it. Your passenger is going to be in for a wild ride if you open it up.
As for TuneECU most of the maps will tell you what they are for. They are mostly used with modification. So if you do an aftermarket exhaust or cat delete or remove the air box, or all 3 like me you can download a map someone has created that works with your modifications. Remember to be careful with the program. You can make your bike not run really easily and then you’ll have to figure out what you did or go for a trip to the dealer.

Back