svmaranatha

Standard Bore
Ride
2007 Rocket III Classic
Hi,
My name is Mike Staley and I just took delivery on an '07 R3, black with windscreen, floorboards, seat backrest, LeatherLyke bags and exhaust flange covers. The bike came to me with 600 miles on it last Friday when it rolled off the truck and I am almost up to 1000 already. I love this bike!

My very first bike was a 900cc Honda and I think the Rocket is better handling and better looking than that bike and it is orders of magnitude more powerful. I have dreamed about having this bike since I saw the first picture of it in 2004 and it nearly killed me to wait almost a month while it was trucked across the country.

I would write more, but it isn't raining right now so I think I will leave work early and go for another ride.

I am looking forward to meeting any of you that ride anywhere in the northwest US.

Worth The Wait

Sometimes I think it's almost as much fun dreaming about the R3 as it is getting it. Of course, getting the grin to go away seems to be a universal problem for all Captains.

Glad you like it and I hope you get a few dry days to ride in your part of the country.

Welcome to the site! I'm having a Seattle moment right now (it's raining). Black is NOT the fastest color, but we like to let them think so:rolleyes:. I've never heard the expression, "faster than the speed of black", it's "faster than the speed of light", which rymes with the color white, therefore the red and white must be the fastest;). Enjoy your new Rocket!!:cool:

I had to run downstairs and make sure my bike was still there and not in the northwest somewhere . . . Congrats on the bike and welcome

(black is fastest)

Mike welcome to the best R3 site on the web, and I have to agree with Snuff.:D
Rocken is that why you have tassels on the handle bars, so you can tell when you moving:):)?

Bob:D

ok snuffy, I'll bite. What does "light and white" have to do with "red"?:rolleyes:...Now as far as "the speed of light" thing goes, get ready, hang on brother, and please remember this is comming from a Christian, so,..Yes GOD spoke, and there was light.. But what was already there. BLACKNESS, so black is apparently faster.;) Take care and ride safe y'all, xhdskip

ok snuffy, I'll bite. What does "light and white" have to do with "red"?:rolleyes:...Now as far as "the speed of light" thing goes, get ready, hang on brother, and please remember this is comming from a Christian, so,..Yes GOD spoke, and there was light.. But what was already there. BLACKNESS, so black is apparently faster.;) Take care and ride safe y'all, xhdskip
We have a song (that used to have meaning) with the phrase "and the rockets red glare", the red glare comes from speed. And black is associated with evil...not speed:D

Back