William A. Hall

Hippybilly
Ride
2014 Triumph Red Rocket III Trike
Just wanted to say hello. I usually don't join sites like this unless i have a problem & I do. Have a 2014 Rockett that the u joint broke on & tore things up. After looking at the angle of the driveshaft its no wonder it tore up. Has anybody else had any problem with the Motor Trike conversions? It was under warranty and they admitted so, said they would warranty parts but not damage to output shaft bearings, seals, etc. I'm going to hire a lawyer & take them to court for the $2200 bill I have to pay for. Any advice besides getting rid if it before it tears up again. Only had 20,000 miles.

Hello William and welcome from Virginia. I haven't heard of this before, but I can imagine our torque can stress any added rearend.

Hi William and a warm welcome to the forum from one of the Brits. Tricycles? I struggle with just 2 wheels so 'fraid I aint of any use to you!

welcome from arizona
not very likely that the angle took out the u joint. however it should be checked with the diff off the ground and also with it compressed. (either loaded or without shock springs.)
more than likely a cap came out and put it into a bind and then broke. when a joint breaks i call it cracking the whip it puts a lot of stress on the other parts.
which joint came loose?
pics?
just info when u loose a front u joint on a car it cracks the whip usually breaking the extension housing and bending the out put shaft sometimes worse like cracking the case. a lot depends on the speed.
either before or after the repair i would check for shaft wobble or leaks from cracks.
hth herman

Back