Hello Everybody!!!

Spawn

.040 Over
Ride
2008 Rocket 3 Classic
I recently (two weeks ago) joined the Triumph community with the purchase of a 2008 Rocket 3 Classic.The price was right and the miles were low but after taking it to one of the Local Triumph dealers for an inspection I was informed that the bike was sweating oil from the head gasket. No other issues were found and they said the bike was in good working order but I was a little annoyed. They told me the bike was ok to ride for now and to just keep an eye on the oil until I was able to bring it in for the $1500 repair. I have a few questions. Is this a thing with R3s? Is there anything else I should be on the lookout for and what has your overall ownership experience been? It seems like this bike like to rev high as well. I'm a little nervous coming over from my Honda which was virtually bulletproof.

Hi Spawn and welcome to the forum form one of the Brits. There are many very knowledgeable people on this site who will be more than happy to guide you in the right direction should you have a problem. If you can give a few more details of the 'sweating oil' problem and a few pics that will be a huge bonus to all on here.

G Day Spawn welcome abord from Australia old mate, as Grumpy said some pics would be good .
These bikes are bullet proof off the shelf .
Enjoy ya ride

Right! I will get some pics and get back to you guys! Thanks!
Well bugger me, I finally gone an' done and said the right thing!! Whoop whoop...I'm so impressed:rolleyes::rolleyes:
Pictures say a 1000 words and so much easier for the guys to help if they can actually 'see' the problem. Good luck

Ok guys. went down and took a pic of the oil "leak". It takes a few days to accumulate and I just wiped it down so there isn't much to see. Basically we're looking at the rear of the motor from the right side. That thin white line on the block is the head gasket where the oil is weaping from. BTW the black bike next to my R3 is my old warhorse Honda.

Attachments

• unnamed.jpg
    unnamed.jpg
    57.3 KB · Views: 1
  • unnamed-1.jpg
    unnamed-1.jpg
    283.5 KB · Views: 1
Ok guys. went down and took a pic of the oil "leak". It takes a few days to accumulate and I just wiped it down so there isn't much to see. Basically we're looking at the rear of the motor from the right side. That thin white line on the block is the head gasket where the oil is weaping from. BTW the black bike next to my R3 is my old warhorse Honda.
Welcome from S.W. Michigan. BTW, nice looking R3C.

Back