JackSaxon

Int'l Man of Mystery
Ride
08 R3T
Reaching the end of my bucket list bikes w #2 last bike to have... picked up a 08 R3T the other day.... super deal, mint w LOW miles... fuel map and TORS mufflers or silencers if ur British... 115HP and 165ft lbs at RW on dyno! Stupid Faaassssttt>>>
Had the MIL light go on, dwnlded the Service manual and upon 3 cold start ups it went out.. suspect HOT coolant as was stuck in traffic for a long time... rode home fine... still have to get my ODBII to PC cable on her...
Looks like at the same time the detent spring broke.... now have the dreaded 2nd gear slip.... going back to look at the one post here w the "fixes" in the sig line.
Happy to be here!

Welcome from PEI. Great choice of ride. Good luck with detent spring, check that you have 1/8" of clutch free play (at the lever) first. Rockets are very sensitive to this.
THANKS! I'll check but w all the bikes I've had... all of a sudden the shifter felt different.... stuck in 401 traffic outside Cambridge ONT, the heat was crazy.. lots of shifting then... OHOH... somethings not right... yup Im sure the spring broke.... dlr here says not a big job, 1.5 hrs that would take me all day and I don't have the time.... built lots of cars and bikes and engines but not any more.... sooner kick back have a beer n go for a swim....

THANKS! I'll check but w all the bikes I've had... all of a sudden the shifter felt different.... stuck in 401 traffic outside Cambridge ONT, the heat was crazy.. lots of shifting then... OHOH... somethings not right... yup Im sure the spring broke.... dlr here says not a big job, 1.5 hrs that would take me all day and I don't have the time.... built lots of cars and bikes and engines but not any more.... sooner kick back have a beer n go for a swim....
1.5 hr for a dentent sprint, ummmm yea ok, maybe an hour and half to get to it, then the joy of trying to actually change it out

Welcome from Utah! Hoping my detent spring holds out as long as I do. Sounds like you are plenty able to do it yourself, just a pain...especially for a "new" ride.

Back