Hello, a new guy with a grumpy rocket

Grumpy_Rocket

.040 Over
Hello everyone. My name is Greg and I am the proud owner of a 11 rocket 3 roadster (unofficial name of grumpy). I live in Milwaukee wi (Harley country) and am coming from a Suzuki m109r. I wanted a bike with more potential, stronger driveline, and something that was more unique. So far I have put 700 miles on my bike, and it had it's first service done. I can't believe how much better the bike shifts and rides compared to my 9 that I had.

I already ordered a tuneecu setup, and triple air filters. I was planning on getting a exhaust, but I am just going to put the money towards everything I need for the carpenter racing setup. I figure at the end of the riding season I will start the process of modifications. Main things I have planned is the engine work, a custom exhaust, couple carbon fiber parts, suspension upgrades, etc. I am hoping (time permitting) to make some custom parts for it as well (not for production).

I guess that's all I have, I am sure I will be a benefit to people here since I have extensive electrical and mechanical knowledge. Thanks for having me -Greg

Btw I will get some pics up when I can, my IPhone won't let me :)

Welcome. I'm surprised you find the shifting on the Rocket to be better/smoother than the 109. I've never ridden a 109, but used to have a Rocket. The Rocket shifted like a dump truck compared to anything else I've ever owned. It got a LOT better after the first service, however.

G'day and welcome from Downunder. You'd better keep your pencil sharpened (figuratively of course - we already have an "artist" called Hanso) now that you've admitted to knowing stuff. I love everything about my Rocket - even the shifting. :cool:
I think if I lived in Milwaukee the last bike I'd own would be a Harley so good for you. Look forward to seeing what you do with the Roadster.

Welcome as well from Oklahoma.
harleys?
nice little starter bikes, but only a Rocket is a Rocket...
Go your own way is Triumphs motto, sounds like you did.;)
Welcome to the site.
skip

Back