Height of Corbin Beetles?

RatBoy

Turbocharged
Can someone with Corbin Beetles measured the complete height (from the bottom to the top of the lid) and let me know what that length is?

I found another hard bag vendor but I need to know what the height should be in order to determine whether or not the new vendor's bags will work.

Thanks

Vendor==> Link Removed

I'd be interested in someone takign a stock luggage rack thats on a bike with corbins and showing the relationship in a good side photo, from what I hear the companys top trunk won't work with beetle bags dud to the lids hitting...

I was thinking beetle bags and a top trunk until I started thining it might hit

A trunk would get in the way of the Corbin lids if sitting on the stock rack, depending on the width, but I'm sure some adjustments could be made. If no one else answers with the measurements today, I'll measure mine when I get home tonight..

I'd appreciate it Tex. BTW, nice paint job...

Some of the trunks that I've seen have bottom plates that you may be able to "adjust" to move the trunk further back instead of smack up against the back rest. It might give you enough clearance to open the beetle hatch.

A trunk would get in the way of the Corbin lids if sitting on the stock rack, depending on the width, but I'm sure some adjustments could be made. If no one else answers with the measurements today, I'll measure mine when I get home tonight..
That looks alot like the bike that should have won 1st place at the Harvest Classic!

I'm sorry that I haven't gotten back to you sooner. The height of the beetle bags are approximately 13 inches, the length of them comes out to approximately 25 and 3/4 inches. The problem you may have with another type of after market bag is the indentation in the front of the Corbin beetle bags. The after market one may not have that indentation which is needed for the passenger to be able to use the passenger footpegs. There may be a peg relocation kit that may move the peg further forward but someone else will have to chirp in on that.
Hope the pics help.
Dennis

Naahh... It isn't "classic" enough. I won several trophies with my previous Triumph Thunderbird Sport at classic Brit bike events though.
I love my Rocket, but I sure miss this bike. The wife and I went on our honeymoon on this bike... ;)

That looks alot like the bike that should have won 1st place at the Harvest Classic!

Last edited:
Thanks Molino... That helps a lot. Eventhough, I'm a solo rider that still good to know.

Last edited:
Back