RiderRocketman

Supercharged
What kind of dealer doesn't want to install parts for you? Probably time to check out more personable dealers.

The heated grips are great in cool weather. Hi and lo settings.
Low feels nice below 50 F and high is good below 40 F, but stuff around 30 F or less the grips will barely keep your fingers from numbing from the cold. Other heated garments would be the ticket for those below freezing rides.

The wiring can be a pain because you have to thread the wires through some little holes in the handle bars, but it wasn't that bad. A dealer should be able to do it in less than an hour if they did it before.

Yup, I always wear riding gloves no matter what temperature it is. For cold riding (below 60 F) I wear thicker cold weather gloves. Even with heated grips the wind chill on bare skin will numb your hands right fast especially if you're riding near the freezing point. I use relatively light "winter" gloves, a pair of nice German tailored all weather Held Hawk gloves, which I use as my rain gloves and cold weather gloves. The heated grips warm my hands through the cold weather gloves nicely.

See old post a couple of rockets by jd, two rockets at Mt Hotham, snow around , me warm as toast (almost hot!),, with heated grips, great!!! jd winjging winjging winjging!

Hard to see them not being effective.

RiderRocketman said:
What kind of dealer doesn't want to install parts for you? Probably time to check out more personable dealers.

The heated grips are great in cool weather. Hi and lo settings.
Low feels nice below 50 F and high is good below 40 F, but stuff around 30 F or less the grips will barely keep your fingers from numbing from the cold. Other heated garments would be the ticket for those below freezing rides.

The wiring can be a pain because you have to thread the wires through some little holes in the handle bars, but it wasn't that bad. A dealer should be able to do it in less than an hour if they did it before.

The heated grips are great and your dealer is a moron if he said that.

Reminds me of the story my dad told me of a car salesman who would NOT sell them a car with A/C. They lived in Rhode Island and he said it was not necessary. This was in 1971. They went to another dealer.

The grips are great and its better to have them and not need them; then to need them and not have them.

Keeping your hands warm on a suddenly chilly ride canbe a lifesaver or at least a ridesaver.

Nice switch :roll:

34908383419.jpg
[/img]

What the alternative ? is there one ?

Thx G-Man, missed that o)

40f is chilly, I'm very used to it and dont get cold hands the first hour,
Still I'm considering heated grips,, why not ??? 20$ leather gloves and ???$ heated grips
Or 120$ for winter-gloves who stink after 2 years and need replacement

So Why not?

Vic

Ultra%20H2O%20black%20F.jpg

Rev-It H2O Celcius

I just got these gloves and they are great. They are designed to be used with heated grips, they have some type of "phase change" material inside that allows the heat to circulate around the glove. I rode in 40 degree weather recently and my hands were fine. The rest of me was ****in' miserable.

Very well made. Check them out.http://www.revitusa.net/acatalog/Winter_Gloves.html

lonerider said:
See old post a couple of rockets by jd, two rockets at Mt Hotham, snow around , me warm as toast (almost hot!),, with heated grips, great!!! jd winjging winjging winjging!

Hard to see them not being effective.
Worst thing about this is I bought the heated grips when i got my bike and they were meant to be fitted when i got the first sevice.When i picked up the bike grips were not fitted because they said they did not have time(What a joke)they had my bike all day and night.Then when i went to pay the bill i nearly fell over close to five hundred bucks,I have never gone back to PS and never will and also taken of there number plate surround.The heated grips are still sitting on top of my fridge,I might have a go at installing them my self :lol:

LOL

I'v seen some unused elec. connectors under the tank,
Guess one of them is for the heated grips.
So the hard part (wirering) is plug and play 8)

Back