Ride
2008 Triumph Rocket 3, 1997 Honda Valkyrie, Kawasaki Vulcan 1600 classic
Does anybody here use heated gear when riding their Rocket? I have a taller windscreen that takes the direct wind off my face on my Honda Valkyrie, so I ride my Valk in the winter. I do use heated undergarments under full leathers. It makes for some nice rides. I don't ride the Rocket in the winter. Too much power on wet pavement. I also find the 240 rear tire slides more than the 180 on my Valk. Just wondering about other peoples experiences?

I don't have heated grips on my Rocket, but on my ST1300 I've got them along with windscreen and extra wind deflectors... can ride to almost freezing with no problem!

I have heated best and gloves. Love them. Been out in 30 deg no problem. Even have one for the wife!

Mr Gerbing is your best friend in winter.

The Gerbing factory is located 30 minutes from me.
Jeff Gerbing, the owner, is a very good guy and gives active military and police a 20% discount.
I had a 2 year old pair of heated mittens that they had stopped producing stop working.
Gerbing repaired them for free. Several other customers I know have gotten great service regarding returns, exchanges and repairs as well.

I've got factory heated grips but find that if I wear winter gauntlets I cannot feel the heat through them. If I wear summer gloves nice and toasty hands. Just got myself a pair of heated socks as my feet always get cold and have ordered a heated vest but it hasn't arrived yet and I'm getting nervous as I am off round the South Island for the next two weeks and although its Spring, watching the news tonight I saw the temp was getting down to -1C (30F) at night.

My theory (that could well be wrong) is that the reason your hands and feet get cold on the bike is the windchill and as your core body temp drops the blood-flow reducers to your extremities, I am hoping with the vest heating my core there will be better circulation hence warmer hands and feet.

The cold never used to worry me, winter in SI old woolly jersey, paper thin leather work gloves, black ice on the roads, off to work and back on the bike every day, few stops to warm the hands on the way, she'll be right. Getting old and soft now...

Back