captain jack

Turbocharged
Did you know that the exhaust heat shield is held on with two screws one of which screws in to a captive nut on an extension tab of the mounting plate on the exhaust manifold/ header. On mine this extension piece has snapped. The plate which runs behind the 3 outlets & header has to be bought, the trouble is that in order to buy the mounting plate for the chrome trims you have to buy the whole manifold itself at a cost of £500-$750. I fixed mine using a jubilee clip to fasten the broken piece back to the header, all was well but to my surprise Triumph have supplied the whole kit free of charge, now fitted at dealers & all back to normal. Now I find that the bottom mounting of my right hand rear dresser bar has also snapped, same side as aforesaid mounting plate. I can only assume that I am generating a resonance which is causing metal fatigue, if so then what is going to break next. I have now started to run at much higher revs especially when cruising instead of relying on all that torque to pull me through but if I've got it then why should I not use it, anyway red line is now in use. Hope I've gone the right way. Of course it could just be coincidental, anyone else had trouble here.

Back