Want to Buy Headlight finishing ring

leatal

Turbocharged
Ride
2014 Roadster, 2020 Rocket GT
Does anyone have two Triumph headlight finishing rings for Roadster, part T2700559? Apparently Triumph no longer makes or stocks them. Bummer!

Does anyone have two Triumph headlight finishing rings for Roadster, part T2700559? Apparently Triumph no longer makes or stocks them. Bummer!
Do they have to be ORIGINALS?

If not there are a mass of rings for Harley Sportsters that simply drop on. And - I have to say - look better.

full

You may well find that the bona-fide Harley ones are actually cheaper. I did. Sorry I do not remember the ref code

Do they have to be ORIGINALS?

If not there are a mass of rings for Harley Sportsters that simply drop on. And - I have to say - look better.

full

You may well find that the bona-fide Harley ones are actually cheaper. I did. Sorry I do not remember the ref code
Does this mean your bike is now officially a 'mutant?' :eek::eek:

Does this mean your bike is now officially a 'mutant?' :eek::eek:
Was! - I used those trim rings as the very first JW-Speakers did not simply drop-in. They had to be modified as well.

With the Adaptives on - it's back on originals.

I had flashy trim-rings on my to-do list but not spending more money on the R3 until I've passed through a winter on the KTM. I have a mid-term strategy, you see. Allied to Monti's 2-bike ruling.

Was! - I used those trim rings as the very first JW-Speakers did not simply drop-in. They had to be modified as well.

With the Adaptives on - it's back on originals.

I had flashy trim-rings on my to-do list but not spending more money on the R3 until I've passed through a winter on the KTM. I have a mid-term strategy, you see. Allied to Monti's 2-bike ruling.
Just to clarify, the Hardly Headlight rings will drop straight over OEM headlight units but need a little minor modification for the JW Speaker adaptives?

The part I am looking for is the ring that sits under and aligns the bulb to the housing. Also called a ring support. They are used on many models of Triumph so it's hard to believe they are no longer available in the system. I did see only one on Ebay but need two to replace the original ones I cut up.

Just to clarify, the Hardly Headlight rings will drop straight over OEM headlight units but need a little minor modification for the JW Speaker adaptives?
The issue was only the very first JW-Speaker 8630 that maybe 4 or 5 of us adapted to fit. They were a substantially deeper and almost cylindrical light unit and did not fit easily into the Triumph Headlight shell without modifying something. JW Speaker still make them for Trucks as they are 12/24V.

At that time JW-Speaker were making the "Daymaker" lights for HD and realised the need for a different light unit shape. Daymakers iirc dropped straight in. Harley cleverly probably had an exclusive on the Daymaker shape

The Adaptives will simply drop into the shell and so you do not need to modify anything. Ditto the current JW-Speaker models that look like the adaptive but don't have the costly adaptive technology inside. The Harley trim rings will simply fit over new light units.

Back