Headed up to Russell for our ride-in...

Rocket4me

.040 Over
Ride
2014 R3T
Hey all,

Haven't posted since I bought the bike several months ago...riding every change I get. The wife and I are taking the financial plunge and have made a ride-in appointment with Russell. We are riding up this week, hoping for no rain. We are looing to get both seat done.

Any suggestions from those who have gone with Russell? Oh, by the way I am 6'4", weigh about 225 lbs, wife is 5'7" and for self preservation won't list her weight. Best material? Go with the added suspension in the seat? Get the rain covers? Get the heating elements?

Just wanted to hear from others that have walked the walk.

Thanks

I suggest you add your year & model bike and your location under your avatar for one thing. :D :thumbsup:
I would also improve the shockies before changing the seat for another thing. :thumbsup: :inlove

I don't have any advice, but I would love to here how your experience is with them. I almost bought a Russell Day Long for my last seat but ended up with a Corbin instead.

I suggest you add your year & model bike and your location under your avatar for one thing. :D :thumbsup:
I would also improve the shockies before changing the seat for another thing. :thumbsup: :inlove

Pay no attention to Bull, he's old and cantankerous, and forgets where he is 1/2 the time :laugh::laugh:

Thanks for the heads up. Now I just need to figure out the process to add that info. What shocks would you go with? Would you go with an air shock set up or more standard. Did you replace your seat?

From what I've hear over the years, there is no better, more comfortable seat than the Russell Day Long. Going there to get it custom fitted is the best of all worlds. You can decide about heating when you get there. I would get the best looking, most durable covering available. That's probably vinyl. You can check out what it looks like and also the different patterns. Are the stock shocks not working for you with 2 up? If yes, don't waste your money on different ones.

PS: Forgot to suggest getting a backrest. Russell uses the stock seat pan to build a new seat.

Last edited:
Thanks for the heads up. Now I just need to figure out the process to add that info. What shocks would you go with? Would you go with an air shock set up or more standard. Did you replace your seat?

I meant no offense. You had asked for suggestions and succinctly rendered two of them for you. :D
I have used two different models of Progressive and 1 set of Hagon Nitro shockies on my Roadster.
The cheaper Progressive are $hit as are all other cheaper shocks. You pretty much get what you pay for with shocks.
The Hagon Nitro (around $500) are real good, the Progressive 444 (around $600) a little better and easier to dial in IMHO.
Also add some Progressive front springs.

Back