Skanska161

.060 Over
Ride
2008 Rocket 3 touring
Hey guys,
I am looking into swapping my headlight out. I have the single R3T light set up now. I want to know if any one has swapped it for the duel headlight from an R3R. If so where did u get your new light, and will the windshield still fit??? Thanks.

I actually did see an R3 classic w/dual lamps (obviously) that had a single lamp windshield - It sat up high to clear the lamps. but at least it looked stupid too :thumbsdown:

Get yourself a LED replacement for the original single lamp. They are getting quite in-expensive now. It will work well, look good, and make you amazed at how bad the OEM lighting is.

I changed the OEM bulb out. Checked the choices on EBay. I spent $20.00 and purchased 40watt 6000k LED. I think it's kind of humorous that the bulb is marketed as a " Cree LED ". My last name is Cree

I changed the OEM bulb out. Checked the choices on EBay. I spent $20.00 and purchased 40watt 6000k LED. I think it's kind of humorous that the bulb is marketed as a " Cree LED ". My last name is Cree

Why would anyone spend $20 for a bulb that does nothing to increase the light quality when you can get chineez knockoff LEd"s on ebay for $78.00 that are 4 times brighter than the Triumph OEM lamps.... Not judgin, just askin ;)

The bulb that I purchased is from China. It sure looks a lot brighter than the OEM bulb. Three other rocket owners around me now use them. I looked on EBay and it's called a h4 40w 6500k bulb. On dim I can see much farther and with a wider area than the OEM was on brights.

Well that's good Chip, I'm glad that worked for you. I wasn't trying to put down what you did. I was basing that off of my experience when I tried to do the same. I bought a 90 watt h4 bulb & all it did was a couple of months later it melted the d@mn socket from the addt'l watts :eek: :eek: :banghead: but it sure wasn't any brighter :thumbsdown:

Also, pertaining to this:
I think it's kind of humorous that the bulb is marketed as a " Cree LED ". My last name is Cree

it' even more humorous that those "cree bulbs" are made with many small lighted "chips"
So, Chip Cree, are you a Cree Chip?????

450331$[1000x750].jpg

Last edited:
Well that's good Chip, I'm glad that worked for you. I wasn't trying to put down what you did. I was basing that off of my experience when I tried to do the same. I bought a 90 watt h4 bulb & all it did was a couple of months later it melted the d@mn socket from the addt'l watts :eek: :eek: :banghead: but it sure wasn't any brighter :thumbsdown:

Also, pertaining to this:

it' even more humorous that those "cree bulbs" are made with many small lighted "chips"
So, Chip Cree, are you a Cree Chip?????

450331$[1000x750].jpg
JUST spray it with PLEDGE LOL

Good humor EasTexRIII. My name is, "Chip Cree". and I am a "Chip off the ol block" !!! lol

Back