Head lamps vs Auxiliary lights.

krothnbrg

.060 Over
Ride
2008 Triumph Rocket III Standard
After mounting my auxiliary lights right next to the head lamps I can see just what crap the Triumph head lamps really are. The auxiliary are a nice, bright "white" light, but the head lamps are a dingy, dirty-mustard color and not nearly as bright.

Without going to an HID setup are there any better bulbs that others have used? These just suck.....

krothnbrg said:
After mounting my auxiliary lights right next to the head lamps I can see just what crap the Triumph head lamps really are. The auxiliary are a nice, bright "white" light, but the head lamps are a dingy, dirty-mustard color and not nearly as bright.

Without going to an HID setup are there any better bulbs that others have used? These just suck.....

I replaced mine with Sylvania H4 Silver Stars and am happy with them.

Native One

Sylvania and Piaa are both good choices. Both will be an improvement over stock.

I went the opposite route and installed yellow bulbs in my aux lights. I don't ride a lot at night and rely on the lights more to be seen than to see. For that, the yellow lights really stand out in a sea of white lights.

My little $15 walmart foglights really make a difference over the stock head light. I can't even tell when it's on because the fog lights are so bright.

JDuke1980 said:
My little $15 walmart foglights really make a difference over the stock head light. I can't even tell when it's on because the fog lights are so bright.

That's what I have. I bought my walmart kit and installed the lights on the turn-signal arms. They are a HUGE difference between!!!!

I replaced mine the the PIAA lights. I was convinced that anti-vibration motorcycle bulbs would last longer than standard automotive bulbs. My $.02. 8)

Back