Hayabusa kick stand

Mike Rocket

Rocket 3
Ride
2014 Rocket 3 Roadster
Hi all.
I own a Rocket 3 and a Hayabusa.gen 2.
I hope I can ask this question on this site.
When I put down the kick stand I have noticed that when it's extended I can lift it about 3/4 inch vertically due to movement on the pivot bolt.
Can any Busa owners on this site try theirs and tell me if it's normal to have this movement.
Thanks to everyone who reads this.

Hey Mike, my Busa had the same problem caused by the fork at the mounting bolt opening up . Just tightening the pivot bolt alone won't sort it as the bolt itself is shouldered !
Solution is to remove the sidestand and pinch the forks together in a vice .
It's caused by the constant up / down of the stand wearing the inside of the fork . Alternatively , you could get a small amount of the shoulder of the pivot bolt shaved off in a lathe which in turn would pinch the forks tighter . Fitting spacers or washers isn't really an option due to the shoulder size of the pivot bolt . Hope this helps ?

Hey Mike, my Busa had the same problem caused by the fork at the mounting bolt opening up . Just tightening the pivot bolt alone won't sort it as the bolt itself is shouldered !
Solution is to remove the sidestand and pinch the forks together in a vice .
It's caused by the constant up / down of the stand wearing the inside of the fork . Alternatively , you could get a small amount of the shoulder of the pivot bolt shaved off in a lathe which in turn would pinch the forks tighter . Fitting spacers or washers isn't really an option due to the shoulder size of the pivot bolt . Hope this helps ?

Thanks for the reply. Will check it.

Thanks for the reply.
Will check it out.

Checked the fork. It's not stretched. It seems to be the play in the bolt or bolt hole.
Do you know if the mounting bracket has a bush in it?
The bike is only a year old so it shouldn't be worn. The trouble is I have only just noticed it. It may have been like it since new.
I would take it apart but the springs look hard work to refit.

Every busa I’ve ever seen had play in the side stand. I just assumed it was engineered that way to absorb some of the shock when setting th me bike onto the stand :D:D:D:p

Thanks. I have had 2 Busa's. over the years but never noticed the free play up to now.
Now I just wanted to confirm it's ok.
Thanks for that. I feel better about it now.

this problem has bugged the sh1t out of me over the years on other bikes...why cant they have the bolt going through a bush in the frame like they have on dozer arms. no they let the bolt wear an oval hole in the frame instead when its allowed to come loose:mad:

Back