Having to throttle my R3 to get it to start

wsrvr

.020 Over
My R3 has been requiring more cranking than usual and I have to give it some throttle to get it to fire up after setting overnight. I need to nurse the throttle until it warms up, then it will hold a low speed idle.

I've reloaded the map using TuneECU, and had no error codes. The battery is fine, the TPS resets after remapping and at startup, fuel is clean and doesn't seem restricted once running. Engine starts readily and runs great after I get it running and it has a chance to warm up. I have 42,000 miles on the bike, and only now having this issue.

Oil usage is normal, fuel mileage is same as always, no fouled plugs.

Any ideas on what I should have inspected?

I just had the same issue on my 16 Roadster and it turned out the throttle bodies had to be balanced. Now it's running like a champ !

I have a 2006 R3 standard. I did reset the TPS and lubed the linkage a while back, but for different reasons. Guess I'll do the same again, and check the throttle linkages. Makes sense.

I have a 2006 R3 standard. I did reset the TPS and lubed the linkage a while back, but for different reasons. Guess I'll do the same again, and check the throttle linkages. Makes sense.
By tps reset do you mean the full ISCV RESET not just reseting adaptives

Well I think I got the issue fixed. It was a combination of cleaning and lubing the stepper motor, performing the ISCV reset, and adjusting the stepper linkage to the proper voltage and full extension and doing a TPS adaptive reset. Thanks all for your help!!!!

Back