Have mercy, look what I found on the porch

Dr.D

Octane Boost
Ride
Indians and the R3 2014 Roadster + TFC
ACD36192-317F-469C-B632-BF33740F6905.jpeg

Brother Steel has come by to ride with us for a few days. Today we did a little 195 mile ride into Virginia and stopped for a nice lunch at Wood Booger’s in Norton Va.

We had two races I got a better start on the first one and he hit the rev limiter so I sort of won, I was out front. The second one he smoked my azz as soon as he wound out second gear. There is no way I can compete with 251 hp in a straight line. In the twisties his bike will not equal the new one. Truthfully neither bike can run wide open on these curves.

Steel is sitting right here, he says I could pull out a Schwinn with a rusty chain and and flat rear and outrun him in the twisties. :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: He is from south Louisiana.:banghead:

Very cool. Did you have a chance to chase Steel on your 2020 and if so how did they compare? I'm sure in a straight line Steel would eat your lunch and possibly take your lunch money for a year( just because he can) but how about in the twisties? :thumbsup:
I'm a flatlander. No way I'd keep up with him through the twisties in his back yard.

Very cool. Did you have a chance to chase Steel on your 2020 and if so how did they compare? I'm sure in a straight line Steel would eat your lunch and possibly take your lunch money for a year( just because he can) but how about in the twisties? :thumbsup:
Today we switched bikes for a little while. The TFC handles like a sports car compared to a truck (Roadster). It really enjoys the curves. I had no problem keeping up with Doc through the twisties. Once I was back on my bike I was falling behind again. I know the weight isn't very different since I don't have stock exhaust, but it feels like it weighs half as much as the Roadster. It's fast off the line, and the quick shifter is fun. Still wish it had cruising pegs. I was comfortable for about 30 minutes, then I was wanting to stretch my legs. Overall it is an impressive machine.

425430BD-2CED-4E7E-82F0-262A14452D47.jpeg

Something a little better to look at than just the two old farts. Top of Clinch mountain for the last stop of the day. Even Sandy tried out the TFC for the first time while Steel rode her Challenger and I had to ride that horse power infused beast of Steel’s.:eek:

Back