hauling a rocket via pickup?

DodahMan

Turbocharged
Ride
Yamaha Roadstar, 2011 Triumph Rocket III Tour
Planning to haul my bike back to SC and I wonder if anyone has advice on hauling it in the back of a pickup using ramps. My truck is a F250 7.3 so it will haul about anything. Just worried about getting it into and out of the bed.

I quit using ramps and bought a lift. I can load a bike in about 5 minutes with no help. If your using ramps be sure they are long enough you don't high side on the breakover, that is when most people drop their bike.
tie the ramps off to the truck so they wont get spit out from under the bike saw it done once long time ago funniest thing I saw in a long time.Didnt know anyone had a 7.3 diesel any more my 01 250 extended cab 2 wheel drive long bed has 380 thousand on it still solid and dependable

tie the ramps off to the truck so they wont get spit out from under the bike saw it done once long time ago funniest thing I saw in a long time.Didnt know anyone had a 7.3 diesel any more my 01 250 extended cab 2 wheel drive long bed has 380 thousand on it still solid and dependable
I love that 7.3 best truck ever made.

No way would I load this huge of a motor into a pickup! 800+ pounds on and rear of the axle seems dangerous to me.
A nice Lightweight trailer with along, wide easy slope to load the motor is the best option in my opinion and what I use.

Back