Has Anyone Switched Out Handlebars?

HD2Rocket3

.060 Over
I have been thinking about getting the Rivco risers, it feels like I have to lean a tad too for forward and after a while it gets to my back inside my right shoudler blade. Rivco advertises that you can keep the orginal lines with some "minor re-routing". What does that mean?? Has anyone switched out to completely different handlebars? The H-D Lowrider I had had buckhorn handlbars on it and I liked those a lot, not sure if that's the right kind of handlebars for the Classic or not. Pretty sure new lines would be needed if I went that route. Thanks again, y'all.

The riser install moves the cables from in front of the triple tree to behind.

Attached is the install instructions from Rivco.

Some Captains have installed Valkyrie bars with success.

Attachments

• TR3017_booklet.pdf
    450.6 KB · Views: 153
I did the Rivco risers on my R3T. Still not comfortable. I haven't had any luck finding better bars either. Some have suggested looking at HD bars, but none I've found have any better pull back. One of the reasons I'm trying to find my R3T a new home.

Rivcos make the stock bars a lot more comfortable 1 INCH rise and 2 INCHES back, dont sound much but does make a difference. I have a set of the beefy Thunderbike T-Bars on my bike now , really happy with them. No new cables or lines needed. The Classic cluth cable is 3 inches longer than a standards.

I went the HD route.
Went to the local dealer & sat on everything,
Found a set of bars I liked,
not as comfy as the buckhorns, but still a vast improvement over the bicycle handlebars they come with,
anyway, I opted for the road King bars. ($89.00)
With a set of the Rivco risers they're pretty close to right.
Did have to have new brake lines made.
Everything else just got re-routed and works fine.
Hope this helps.
skip

oh yea, any 1" bars will fit, suzuki, honda, whatever
as long as they're 1" bars and you like em, they'll work.

For us, the Rivco risers made a huge difference in comfort of our standard Beast. We are short of stature and the forward lean of the original riding position caused considerable discomfort in our neck and shoulders after only short rides. All better now.

They are not difficult to install. We managed it unassisted without breaking anything, losing any parts or tools, and only one minor scratch on the yoke. Pretty good, for us...

We trudge on.

Although moving the throttle & clutch cables behind the triple is recommended and pretty much required if using the risers w/stock bars, I personally don't like the look. If you have the $$$, swapping out to Classic cables (3" longer) allow the cable to stay in their origin run forward of the triple. By keeping them in front it allows you to roll the stock bars as far back as possible, w/o hitting the tank at full L/R turn. If the cables are behind, they limit roll back. The added rollbabk results in a more leaning back, comfortable and relaxed riding position. All I can say is that I'm 5'6" and it worked out great for me. Just be careful when removing the old clamps, they can scratch the fork yoke if they turn. I'd recommend leaving the bars on when removing and installing.

Back