Has anyone installed Utopia driver's backrest on R3T?

Rogiecrockett

.020 Over
Ride
2015 Triumph Rocket III Touring
Need a backrest. I watched the video on YouTube installing on another bike model.

Has anyone here made the installation themselves? If so, was it a challenge? What are issues to watch for?

Thanks,
Dave.

Need a backrest. I watched the video on YouTube installing on another bike model.

Has anyone here made the installation themselves? If so, was it a challenge? What are issues to watch for?

Thanks,
Dave.
I have the Utopia on my R3R - Easy Peasy - Don't know the differences on the Touring...But I like it. My arms are long enough to where I can actually reach the backrest when I'm cruising

Roadster and touring saddles are not identical. If you want a good backrest I would recommend a saddle upgrade as well, Corbin and Russell day long are the most common. I also have the R3T and as the saddle is one piece I’d imagine you’d have to cut into the cover.

The Utopia is next on my list of things to do to my bike. You do have to cut a hole in the stock vinyl and it comes with a sticker which is meant to keep the rest from spreading. I'm not overly concerned though because covering it in leather is in the future for me as well.

Back