Big Marty

Turbocharged
Ride
2010 Rocket 3 Roadster
G'day Captains

What a blast meeting you all Friday night, if I look at you with a stupid smile on my face it's only because I've forgotten you name. The most important thing I will tell you is so simple and straight to the point.

You all would have seen the hissy fit Tomcat and I had, regards to the weekend in Hervey Bay. You all would have seen what I posted regarding the bike show and time frame commitments I wanted from all of you.

Tonight I got home and checked emails, children's rides & Bar Service the last t committed to what I wanted to achieve have sent emails that they can't be there today Saturday.

Trevor slap me ******* stupid now I know exactly what you meant and why. I am going to bed now contemplating how hard I would like to slap some locals.

Rest assured Captains, any and all future charity rides will be for the sole benefit of us, that's right for us, that ride Triumph's and our families.

Yes we will raise money for the Make A Wish Foundation, but that will come from the generosity from those of us that choose to ride rockets, & share our mutual passion.

So angry I will leave it at that, Marty.

don't be so hard on yourself Marty.
the goals were achieved right?
You raised some money for the "Make A wish Foundation" right?
You got to meet lots of Rocket captains that have a lot of soul
and share some brotherhood on the rides right?
Sounds like it went pretty well to me.
it'll get better, it always does, the first ones never perfect.

The first one's just beginning, Skip. Malcy and Ponters have ridden for 4 days to get here. Hanso and I for 3 days. Another dozen have ridden hundreds of kms today and yesterday, and tonight (friday) we all had dinner together ahead of the RDU weekend starting tomorrow.

Marty's been let down by people who had promised to support the event. As you say, the first one is the hardest but this one will still be an outstanding succeeds no matter what happens from here because it has finally brought us guys all together.

I know Hanso well. I've only met TC once although am in contact with him a fair bit and I met Malcy at Cobba's funeral. The rest of the guys - Mitch, Ponters (and Mrs Ponters), Mittzy, Tekor, Gra, BigAl, Marty and Mrs Marty and not to forget Catherine (Mrs TC if they'll forgive me......) etc, I only got to meet in the last 24 hours as well as number of other guys, including Donny, the king of fixing broken sh#t.

We will be raising considerable funds for the Make a Wish cause and will be leaving here knowing we'll have made a difference to someone's life. Can't ask for more than that.

Marty shouldn't be hard on himself but is well justified in being pissed off.

Enjoy the Weekend

It appears you have done a fantastic job making this event happen. Have a great weekend. I am so green that you Guys get to spend the weekend immersed in Bikes and Rockets at that. Hope it becomes an annual event, I will book the time and hook the Boat to Melbourne to go from there with Ponters and Co next year. Look forward to seeing the pics and hearing the stories.

It appears you have done a fantastic job making this event happen. Have a great weekend. I am so green that you Guys get to spend the weekend immersed in Bikes and Rockets at that. Hope it becomes an annual event, I will book the time and hook the Boat to Melbourne to go from there with Ponters and Co next year. Look forward to seeing the pics and hearing the stories.
Hey Tas, do what i do, plan your vacation around the rocket events, the bad thing is you get addicted and you don't want to miss any of them after the first one:D

Big Marty

What a fantastic day Marty .. so not all your events people turned up .. how sad for them despite the silly weather what a great event you put on especially for a first time ... sure was a pleasure to meet so many guys and girls what a great bunch .. thanks for asking me along and many thanks to my offsider Gary who as usuall does many fantastic things to help me at a moments notice .. hmm Gary not to be confused with the other Gary Lawlor who does ride a Triumph Rocket 111.. congrats to you and Cathy well done <3 to you big fella .. Cheers Fran

Back